Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

small living room

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 217 Total Views
My living room is small so everything basically in a square. I can't do anything different,because there is not enough room. Any suggestions?
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
busymomwithboys
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have this problem also, my living room is 12x12... i think for us new furniture would help we just cant afford it now...plus the way my kids are.. i dont want it yet. I plan on adding a small sectional and a recliner.. right now its pretty plan.. 2 couches and a tv stand with all the goods.. i hate the way my livingroom the way it is right now and cant wait to fix it lol
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Sectionals are a wonderful way to utilze small spaces... Fabric ottoman, 1 occassional chair and wall mount your tv.
Make sure all your funriture stays off the floor.. Should have legs.. Makes the room seems bigger when furntire has legs. Paint in lighter colors... All furniture should be light as well.. Beige, yellows, nice tweed...
mitchiesgirl
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you take a photo of the space?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifeproud
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Quoting SamMom912:

Sectionals are a wonderful way to utilze small spaces... Fabric ottoman, 1 occassional chair and wall mount your tv.
Make sure all your funriture stays off the floor.. Should have legs.. Makes the room seems bigger when furntire has legs. Paint in lighter colors... All furniture should be light as well.. Beige, yellows, nice tweed...

My living room is light blue,but my furniture is brown.
armywifeproud
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Can you take a photo of the space?

Sorry meant to hit quote instead of like. Yes. Have to wait until I can get online. Can't post pic from my phone.
sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Ikea has much for small space and budget friendly design. But let me add, sitting rooms can be very small and cozy. I love small rooms, their easy to design and change. Here's some ideas for the basic's;

not-the-momma
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I agree, I love sectionals and found one for last apartment that was a smaller scale and it worked great.  

Quoting sweetleanne:

Ikea has much for small space and budget friendly design. But let me add, sitting rooms can be very small and cozy. I love small rooms, their easy to design and change. Here's some ideas for the basic's;

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)