Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's on your bed?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 42 Replies
  • 1537 Total Views

comforter, duvet, blankets, or bedspread

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadenn766
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

comforter set....faux fur throw at the bottom of the bed...and lots of pillows

CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

There is a sheet. light blanket (dark blue) and a ruffled comforter folded at the foot

We have not finished the room but its almost there! We will accent with mustard more. 

shadenn766
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

nice bed...is that a farmhouse style bed?...i saw a similar one in a furniture store and thats what they called it...or was it seaside bed...lol (cant remember)

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

There is a sheet. light blanket (dark blue) and a bif ruffled conforter folded at the foot

We have not finished the room but its almost there! We will accent with mustard more. 

shadenn766
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

is that a duvet or comforter set

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

There is a sheet. light blanket (dark blue) and a bif ruffled conforter folded at the foot

CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

It dont know what it would be called, I wanted a shabby chic look and we both agreed to go white (we always had cherry) I found it on CL and it was a good deal:-) Our first time having a king bed and I LOVE IT!

It looks like wainscoting on both foot and head board.. . Oh and its a comforter.. A light one down one, with ruffle detail on around and 2 strips down the top, which match ruffles I had sewed on the curtains.

Quoting shadenn766:

nice bed...is that a farmhouse style bed?...i saw a similar one in a furniture store and thats what they called it...or was it seaside bed...lol (cant remember)

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

There is a sheet. light blanket (dark blue) and a ruffled comforter folded at the foot

shadenn766
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM

well whatever type of bed that it is, you did a good job..lol....looks nice

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

It dont know what it would be called, I wanted a shabby chic look and we both agreed to go white (we always had cherry) I found it on CL and it was a good deal:-) Our first time having a king bed and I LOVE IT!

It looks like wainscoting on both foot and head board.. . Oh and its a comforter.. A light one down one, with ruffle detail on around and 2 strips down the top, which match ruffles I had sewed on the curtains.

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

jsbuck
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM

We have a quilt on our bed with lots of pillows.  Ds has a bedspread.  I do not like comforter sets....I like to wash my bedding too often and they get all lumpy and faded.

shadenn766
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM

see, i'm th opposite...i like comforters more than quilts...although my grandmother handmade me a quilt that iloved to pieces...but it was damaged in a basement flood:(

so i dont have it anymore

Quoting jsbuck:

We have a quilt on our bed with lots of pillows.  Ds has a bedspread.  I do not like comforter sets....I like to wash my bedding too often and they get all lumpy and faded.

auntietotty
by Admin on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a comforter. Also lots of pillows.

I prefer quilts...I have several that my mom made but they are starting to show wear so Im leary to use them much anymore. I like the weight of a quilt.  I need to just go buy an already made quilt, I guess.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Down comforter in a duvet. flannel sheets, flannel pillowcases... Toasty warm... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)