Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

do visitors have to remove shoes upon entering your home?, or just simply wipe their feet?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mommyof2114
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I don't tell people to take them off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto. I find it rude to require visitors to remove their shoes.

Quoting psych_mom:

They need to wipe their feet. I would never ask someone entering my home to take off their shoes- they may have foot odor or something else that may be embarrassing to them and I don't want to put them in an awkward situation.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Its a funny thing, I've never asked, but all of our family and friends take their shoes off when they come in. I'm know for being persnickety about my home and keeping it clean. But, I would never ask anyone to take off their shoes. In fact when they start to do it, I always be sure to say they don't need to, but they do anyway. I think its because I'm always walking around socks.

flprincessmom
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

off....they put them neatly on the stairs......I am very OCD & we have wall to wall carpet....so, EVERYONE takes them off. The repairmen & such wear the booties...have you ever stopped to think about what a person walks through on a daily basis???  I DO NOT want that in my home....UCK!!!!!sweeping

my2sweetjoys
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I think it is a good idea when you have kids that have severe allergies but we asked everyone to remove shoes in a new home with new carpet.

It is a good point about foot odor, what would I do about that?Something to think about and would be embarrassing to many

Dina82
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

off !! i don't think  its disrespectful when someone asked nicely to remove your shoes . imagine the stuff you step on outside and you want people to enter my home NOPE ! iv had over a hundred of people over the year coming in and out of my home ( family,friends) and i have never heard or seen someone get mad about it .once i enter anyone's house i take off my shoes unless they say leave your shoes on no need of removing them .

BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I prefer they remove their shoes. Nothing but mud and dirt when they come indoors.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM

My preference if for them to take their shoes off, but now I have tile, so as soon as they leave I can mop or something, so it's  ok for them to leave their shoes on if they want to.

SusanArlene
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

They need to wipe their feet. I would never ask someone entering my home to take off their shoes- they may have foot odor or something else that may be embarrassing to them and I don't want to put them in an awkward situation.

My feet are deformed due to a bunyon surgery gone bad when I was 13. I also have poor circulation so my feet get cold if I am just in socks.  If I know the people well, I will bring my house slippers and wear them.

SusanArlene
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Quoting shadenn766:

I have the same door mat!  Lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN