Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here and could really use some advice.

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

I am decorating my DD's room (5 and 2) their bed spreads are black, dark purple, lavender and grey. There walls are gonna be lavender then 1 wall is gonna be a glitter wall with a dark purple and silver. They have 3 dressers. 2 big and 1 small one that is for toys. 1 of the big ones and the small one are painted black. The other big one is white and can not be painted over cause it has that plastic type coating that can't be sanded and anything painted just wipes right off, except crayon and pen which my 2yr old wrote all over. I see all these duct tape diy projects. My ? is should I go straight black duct tape then paint it with the glitter over it or should I use the black damask duct tape? I am not sure what would look better. All I know is I need to cover it up because it has orange and red crayon all over it. TIA.

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommynwife26
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Bump

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Is it possible to take a pic of both colors(i'm more visual)..Right now i'm leaning towards black damask tape.

QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Have you tried magic erasers to get the crayons off the dresser? Those things are wonderful..

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Can you do something less harsh than black?  Chalk paint or milk paint can cover anything without sanding or priming, maybe look into these.  They come in all colors.  I'm with PP who'd like to see pix.

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM

BUMP!

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

yes. pix please.... all Im seeing is black... LOL I feel like I cant give you an honest helpful opinion.

jillian_G1
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you heard of decoupage, I think something really cute would be black dressers with the drawers of the dressers being decoupage, like one drawer being damask, one being dk purple glittery, one being lavender glittery, one being silver decoupage, and so on. Does that make sense. Maybe even some animal print to help offset some of the black and purples.

leavinglasvegas
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I wouldn't put glitter on anything - that stuff gets everywhere. Anytime they brush against that glitter wall or a glitter dresser they'll have glitter all over them and everything they touch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)