Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Pantry

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 329 Total Views
Hello! We are putting in a walk in pantry and I would love to see some pictures of pantries if anybody has any. Also any ideas anybody has that has worked for them in their pantries. I plan on putting in a counter with electrical outlets so I can move my microwave, kitchenaid blender, etc in there and off of my counter tops! (I have very limited counter space in my kitchen and all of these things on my counters drive me crazy!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Your plan sounds wonderful...am a bit jealous...(jk)....happy for you, send pictures when you are finished. I just have a wall of cabinets in my kitchen with the built in oven in the center...cabinets on top and drawers on the bottom...it is way more than I need, but it is nice for the storage.

Steph75
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I have a walk in pantry and I love it!  It's one of my favorite rooms in my house.  It's original to the house, which is 1874.   I love the room it gives me.  I have a counter with electrical outlets, so I can use the space to set things up if I'm having a get together.  I could put crock pots in there, etc.  I could use it for appliances like you want to use it for.  I have 3 bins that pull down.  They were probably originally potato bins.  I use them for recycling and storage.  The upper cabinets hold all of my stoneware, glassware and metal cookie sheets, mixing bowls, pizza stones, cake pans, etc.  The lower cabinets hold my FryDaddy, popcorn maker, roaster, vases, good silverware (goes with my china), and things like that.   The open shelving holds all of our non refrigerated food.   My kitchen cabinets just hold my glasses, plates, bowls, mugs, things I use often like food chopper, and small appliances. 

This view is from the kitchen.  You can see the 3 pull out bins under the counter. 

We don't have a mudroom, so we have to hang our coats and bags here.  

The open shelving.  I have my old jar collection displayed.  

The enclosed upper and lower cabinets. 

Th

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I would love a walk in pantry. I just envision lots of shelving to store all my extras, or things I don't have room for in the kitchen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN