Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Kitchens!! I'd LOVE to see YOUR Kitcvhen!!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 1385 Total Views

We bought our house a few years ago (down sized once the 4 kids left from our big beautiful house) The kitchen I have was built in the 50's the cabinets are built in pine.. Our plan was to remodel everything else first and do the kitchen last... BUT, my husband found an awesome deal for oak full set of cabinets with extras! Excited that my kitchen will be done, and I will be able to cook soon (oven doesn't work, and stove works if it chooses to... )

My kitchen as all picket out, country white set , the back splash, floor, lights all chosen for a few years...

BUT, what I chose for my white kitchen will not look so good with the oak cabinets...  I'd love to see your kitchen to get ideas on colors for counter top, back splash and floor !! I have searched the web also...

Happy New Year to all!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimja
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

PIOG.. forgot to add in subject line...

caham
by Owner on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM

If you go under the pictures forum, in this group, there is on on going post " show us your kitchen" with many many many pictures!

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

Kimja
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Thanks!

RyansMommie07
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:06 AM
3 moms liked this

my kitchen is dark cabinets and pea green countertops circa 1975.... lol. not much for style. eventually we will remodel, but i want my truck paid off first. 

babynurse454
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this

This is the only picture i have on my phone. We have a back staircase that goes from the kitchen upstairs and another in the entryway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
3 moms liked this

psych_mom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM
5 moms liked this

My island that I made out of an antique dresser and a slab of granite.

I have a valance about the window now.

I have panels over the washer and dryer now that match the wall color since the washer and dryer are too big. Eventually they will be relocated.

This is the dining area of our kitchen.

Kimja
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Thanks, Each picture gave me an idea or two... Thanks so much for sharing them with me.

sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Oak cabinets stained in the light color is good for long term wear. If the finish wears off, the natural color is about the same. But if you dream for white cabinets, white washing oak looks good too.

goochie
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Here is our kitchen. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)