Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Kitchens!! I'd LOVE to see YOUR Kitcvhen!!

Posted by   + Show Post

We bought our house a few years ago (down sized once the 4 kids left from our big beautiful house) The kitchen I have was built in the 50's the cabinets are built in pine.. Our plan was to remodel everything else first and do the kitchen last... BUT, my husband found an awesome deal for oak full set of cabinets with extras! Excited that my kitchen will be done, and I will be able to cook soon (oven doesn't work, and stove works if it chooses to... )

My kitchen as all picket out, country white set , the back splash, floor, lights all chosen for a few years...

BUT, what I chose for my white kitchen will not look so good with the oak cabinets...  I'd love to see your kitchen to get ideas on colors for counter top, back splash and floor !! I have searched the web also...

Happy New Year to all!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
PinkCamoTeamMud
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Kimja
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Very Nice...

mom7834
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
5 moms liked this

oliver6
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM
3 moms liked this
not-the-momma
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I'll post pics later, but we also are planning a kitchen remodel.  We have golden oak cabinets with blue Formica countertops ( yuck).  My biggest pet peeve with the kitchen is the layout.  The island blocks the triangle so you can't easily get to the refrigerator.  I wanted to try to reuse the cabinets (paint them) but may need additional pieces.

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM
4 moms liked this

(copied from the kitchen pictures post)

OK - here's ours.  We really want to replace the countertops someday and get 'clean steel' appliances - but we recently finished our basement and redecorated our bedroom, so it will have to wait.

Below: standing in the living room - the books/movies on the lower counter are being returned to the library soon...

Below: longest counter...(hinges broke on door and DH is fixing - that's why it's off)

Below: family computer area (my grandpa made the piece of furniture to the right - holds the printer, paper, etc.)

Our counter height table - can configure the extended leaves in many different ways:

From living room - extended left & right

Extended front & back

Fully extended circle

Fully closed square

goochie
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

That is the coolest table I have ever seen!  Love it

mommyofone15
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Love your design above your cupboards!

Quoting RyansMommie07:

my kitchen is dark cabinets and pea green countertops circa 1975.... lol. not much for style. eventually we will remodel, but i want my truck paid off first. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treversmommy
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

We just moved in last month so still have a lot we want to do with it. I want to add another counter top were the portable diswasher is. (which it doesnt work well anyway) I want to put in a dishwasher. Plus add an island that has some drawer and extra storage beneath since we do not have anywear to put silverware other than in our pantry cabnits. Other wise I love my kitchen.

I love our old farmhouse sink

momof6nokc
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Quoting mom7834:

It looks like it's a pleasure to cook and bake in this kitchen!  So welcoming and homey  :o)

**Just call me Stuart**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)