Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Which bedroom colors do you like best?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 1193 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Here are a couple rooms I threw together with colors I love. I am trying to come up with something for our master bedroom and haven't even picked a color scheme yet..We are remodeling the entire room, so we are painting walls, getting new everything, possibly even flooring.

Room #1:

Sorry if it's small, I created it in Paint, and couldn't figure out how to resize it. I would do the beige color sheets with white bedding, white and light blue throw pillows, and a light blue throw across the end of the bed. I would use earth tone furniture like the brown trunk. I love the pattern on the curtains (you can view it better here: http://www.target.com/p/target-home-farrah-fretwork-window-panel/-/A-13976559#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink)! However, I am unsure what color I would paint the walls, so I would consider plain beige curtains as well. Any ideas on wall color for this style room?? What would you do for a curtain color?

Room #2:

The wall color I like for this room is called Moonshine by Benjamin Moore (the top left gray box is the paint color). Not sure if I'd have an accent wall. The gray with white flowers is a rug. I'd do a clean white for the bedding and curtains, with a few small accents of turquise in the room. The chevron fabric I'd possibly use to drape over night stands by the side of the bed. I love the color gray, but I'm trying to keep it light because our bedroom is on the smaller side (I'm afraid darker colors with make it feel too small). I'd probably do white furniture (dresser and headboard). Would you do an accent wall in this room?

Which room do you like better? What would you change? I really need help..once I pick the colors I want in the room, then I know everything else will come together..I am just at a completel loss right now...

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovekitchenmama
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i like the first one. the walls-  it is hard to choose but tans and maybe a dark brown if your sticking with the blue. I love the color combo. the curtains are usually the last item in decor you might want to consider. so natually i would go with the flow and it might just come to you when it comes to curtain time

lovekitchenmama
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

oh btw, i chose my curtains without even completing the room's decor and huge mistake, i don't even like the room and need to repaint

psych_mom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I like the first one, but I think it would come down to wall color. I do everything opposite of everyone and I always start with wall color, lol. This is going to cover the largest surface in my room so I want to make sure I am going to like it more than anything else that is going in my room. You can always find bedding, curtains, etc. but it is a pain in the rear to have to repaint right after painting and paint isn't as cheap as it used to be (trust me, I picked the wrong color of pain for my living room and now I have $70 worth of paint setting in a closet going unused).

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I like all your color choices! :D  I like the 2nd room better.  I have 2 of those gray Ikea rugs in my family room, they're so cute.  And the pintuck comforter was my first choice, but I ended up getting something else.  I'd do a bluer color on the walls..although, I think Moonshine is bluer in person than it looks here, right?   I'm familiar with the color.  What's the chevron?  A pillow??  I'd get some pattern and color through the curtains.  A nice blue/green floral??

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:16 AM

I really like room #1

jillian_G1
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I like the first one

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I like the more contemporary fun feel to option 2. I love that area rug.
Option 1 is pretty, but feels more formal and traditional...

Im not an accent wall fan.. so I cant say Id do one just based on that.
but what about a bold geometric wallpaper behind the bed?

delightfullymom
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Room #2 is so refreshing! I love it. 

swthrt737
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM
The first one.
Josie_P
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN