Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Flooring Color

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

So we are getting ready to start the changing of our flooring in our home. I have looked at so many different colors of wood etc.. and can not choose. My mom said to go with something medium my mother in law said go with something light and I can not do something to dark. Most our stuff is brown and mocha (tanish) colors. Our accent colors are Burgundy and black. We are going to be painting at the same time and the color is like the color of coffee milk just a tad bit ligther.

What all would you suggest. Mind you we have two kiddos and 3 dogs and live in the desert though I vac and mop daily sometimes twice daily I may have an off day and dont want the dirt to show :P

Amber

~*~Mommy of two~*~

Reagan michelle 9-25-04 Kane William 7-19-06

~*~Wifey to MIke 1-4-03~*~

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
toomanypoodles
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:05 AM

I'd go with a medium shade.  Too dark is going to show every little dust bunny you may get and too light will show dirt. 

I have oak.

Reankanesmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:21 PM

OO I like that color, and the colors in your rugs are teh same colors we have in our house.

QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I also would go with medium/light..dark shows alot of dirt, dust and footprints...it is beautiful but much work to keep it that way. I also like the light colors, they are easy to work with..am thinking it might be your heart that chooses for you...There are multitudes of choices....
jaytee
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I love that rug! Where did you get it? Cute dog btw :-)

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I'd go with a medium shade.  Too dark is going to show every little dust bunny you may get and too light will show dirt. 

I have oak.

sweetleanne
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I agree , I wish I had lightwood.

toomanypoodles
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Quoting jaytee:

I love that rug! Where did you get it? Cute dog btw :-)

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I have oak.

Thanks.  That's my little poodle, Nino.

I got the rug at Ross.  :)

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM

I'm drawn to dark floors, but they really do show dust and other stuff.  I think your "tannish" colors would look the best with dark floors though.

pristine729
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I like either light or dark hardwoods... I have medium and I just don't like them... Either way, I'm sure it'll look great
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this and agree with this answer.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I have oak.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN