Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

We're working on our library/office.  I wanted to bring in some more color, so I decided to line the backs of the bookshelves.  I used wrapping paper and spray adhesive.  I used that color, b/c it's in the art and a couple other pieces.  The walls are going to be gray when we're done.

Before

After

If you're wondering about the waffle syrup tin, there's a name connection, and dh can't stand to NOT buy something that has his name on it, lol.  And I got my homemade drapes in the shot.  It's a drop cloth, that I painted stripes on.  I saw some on the Pottery Barn website for $100/panel.  These were $11 for the drop cloth (I used 2), and $2.99 for the paint sample (I used 3).

Here's the art that I pulled the color from.

I bought these lamps from Goodwill for $3.99 each, I spraypainted them, and bought shades.  They seemed a little short, so I put them on upside-down plant pots.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Replies (11-15):
suziejax
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW! Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Ok you have so inspired me now! big smile mini

pristine729
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
That's awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
not-the-momma
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I've been wanting to do the same thing you did with the wrapping paper in my bathroom linen cupboard but I can't seem to find wrapping paper I like that matches.  I was thinking of using wall paper instead because it is in the bathroom and the moisture might ruin the paper.  Any thoughts?  Love all of your changes by the way.

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:28 AM

I think wallpaper would be great!  It would def hold up better than wrapping paper.

I took 2 of my kitchen cabinet doors off, b/c I like the idea of open shelving, but the inside is ugly.  Like a weird blonde, wood-grain.  I've been toying with the idea of beadboard wallpaper in there (mostly b/c I already have it, lol), but I used it on the backsplash, and I didn't want overkill, plus it's boring white.  I ended up with paint.  I've done 2 coats, and it needs one more.  I'll post pix when I'm done.

www.centsationalgirl.com/2013/01/besta-billy-brass-bookcases/

Kinda like that look, except I'm doing the sides too. (sorry, Idk how to make that link clicky)

eta...I found some cute wrapping paper at Target.

Quoting not-the-momma:

I've been wanting to do the same thing you did with the wrapping paper in my bathroom linen cupboard but I can't seem to find wrapping paper I like that matches.  I was thinking of using wall paper instead because it is in the bathroom and the moisture might ruin the paper.  Any thoughts?  Love all of your changes by the way.

tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

You have great creativity!    Love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)