Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Woodsy Theme??

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 298 Total Views

my hubby said that he wants me to redo our living room.  He loves the woodsy looks... like logs made as tables.  Wolves on lamps.  I like fairies and vampires.  Is there a way to mix all of these in one room?  I would love ideas please!!  Thanks ahead of time.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I am thinking you might pull off the fairies and the woodsy theme, but the vampires, I have no idea...
KrystiAmber
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM

yeah i thought i might not be able to do the vampires tho!

Quoting QuiltLover:

I am thinking you might pull off the fairies and the woodsy theme, but the vampires, I have no idea...

blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Don't be literal about the vampire theme. Do your woodsy fairy theme and add vampire elements subtly. You could add some red and black elements. You could make some of the furniture legs to resemble stakes. You could use a throw or drapes that remind you of a vampire's cape. Do a wreath and subtly weave fake garlic cloves in it. Add a wall mirror in which you won't be able to see his reflection. You get the idea. Have fun with it and make it a secret fun thing within your family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Strange mix, but you can just say "you're eclectic".

How about doing up your bedroom in the vamps?  Having just a little nook in a corner or just one wall for the faeries and doing the rest of the house in the woodsy theme?

suziejax
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Quoting QuiltLover:

KrystiAmber
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM

thanks ladies.... yeah i agree dont go overboard with the vampire stuff. i really like the ideas.  thanks again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN