Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

I wanted to share with you my tiny dresser make over. I love seeing when you ladies redo something & get so inpsired. The dresser was my brothers who passed away a few years ago. I was happy to give it new life & use it! Let me know what you think! 

http://www.homemaker-mom.com/2/post/2013/01/my-frugal-dresser-makeover.html

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Omg ! Super cute! 

Can i ask your advice? 

I have 2 ikea billy bookcases... 

And I have always wanted to get a wallpaper for the back of the bookshelf...to make the shelves pop... Do you think I canuse your modge podge idea that you use on the top of the super cute dresser? Will that work on pressboard and laminate? They were inexpensive, but we have them in our guest room and I do like the scale and use in there... Your thoughts? 

swishyskirt
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I love how the chalkboard paint absorbs the light!

purplemom3777
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM

It looks great, I love it!

PattyinNV
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Oooh so very nice and I think your brother would like that you repurposed it to make it your own now. Great job!
suziejax
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Aww thank you! We just recently moved a month ago and got rid of a lot of stuff but I still hung on to that! Had to bring it with me.big smile mini

Quoting PattyinNV: Oooh so very nice and I think your brother would like that you repurposed it to make it your own now. Great job!

suziejax
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Please forgive me Sammom!! I am just now seeing this all these months later! Yes go for it. Well I hope you did that is!!!!!! You can mod cheap shelves! And you can spray them to with Mod clear sealer spray to if you want them sealed more or shiner!

So did you do it??? Its now 2014 and i see you wrote the question in 2013 lol I need to come in the group more often!!

Quoting SamMom912:

Omg ! Super cute! 

Can i ask your advice? 

I have 2 ikea billy bookcases... 

And I have always wanted to get a wallpaper for the back of the bookshelf...to make the shelves pop... Do you think I canuse your modge podge idea that you use on the top of the super cute dresser? Will that work on pressboard and laminate? They were inexpensive, but we have them in our guest room and I do like the scale and use in there... Your thoughts? 

PattyinNV
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I know what you mean. :)

My sons bff died tragically and his parents gave his dresser to my son and I have it now. We use it in our dining room and call it "Dougie's Dresser" when referring to it when something is needed from it. It will always be called that.

Quoting suziejax:

Aww thank you! We just recently moved a month ago and got rid of a lot of stuff but I still hung on to that! Had to bring it with me.big smile mini

Quoting PattyinNV: Oooh so very nice and I think your brother would like that you repurposed it to make it your own now. Great job!

mnmo3bb
by Member on May. 31, 2014 at 12:23 AM

turned out great :)

OBImomma
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Very nice!
Anniea90
by Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 11:11 PM

very nice :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)