Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Post your favorite

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 893 Total Views

Shade of grey paint!!

We're repainting the main floor and upstairs hallway in grey. It's so hard to pick one! I don't want anything too cold or blue.. Our furniture is tan, black and dark brown. Lots of black frames too.

So what's your favorite grey??

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM

What a coincidence.  I have been searching for a gray for our office remodel.  The color will also go up the stairway, and into the upstairs hallway, b/c they're all attached.  I had 5 different samples on the walls, and a purse full of paint chips.  Grays are tough...too blue, too green, too brown...ugh.  We did our upstairs bathroom in gray a few months back, but we wanted something deeper this time around.  We have great natural light in the office/library, will have wainscoting on the lower part of the wall, in all the areas (it's up in the office, but not the stairwell or hall)  I started painting it earlier tonight.  It's called "Man Cave", from Lowe's in Valspar Signature.

Here's the bathroom.  It's Martha Stewart (Bedford Gray).  It's a brown/gray.

blondepegasus
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Take a look at Spalding gray from Sherwin Williams. I painted my bedroom this color and absolutely adore it. I have lots of black accents with it and my main color for drapes and bedding is plum. It goers well with brown/beige carpeting and hardwood. Sometimes grays are hard to pair with browns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
not-the-momma
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I guess it would depend on how dark you want to go.  We just painted ours and we went with a light greige color.  We used BM Abalone 2108-60.  Now that its on the walls I wish I would've gone a shade darker which is BM Silver Fox 2108-50 but our upstairs hallway doesn't get much natural light so it appears much darker than it does downstairs where we get much more light.  

supermama322
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Well, we're willing to go darker in the livingroom/front entryway since we get SOOOOO much natural light. I think we're wanting to go a shade lighter in the kitchen (just because there's a lot of big, bulky black furniture) and also in the upstairs hallways because there's no natural light. I like the Silver Fox!

Quoting not-the-momma:

I guess it would depend on how dark you want to go.  We just painted ours and we went with a light greige color.  We used BM Abalone 2108-60.  Now that its on the walls I wish I would've gone a shade darker which is BM Silver Fox 2108-50 but our upstairs hallway doesn't get much natural light so it appears much darker than it does downstairs where we get much more light.  

supermama322
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I like the spalding gray! It's pretty! Does it have a bit of a purple undertone?? It looks like the color my bedroom was before we redid it.

Quoting blondepegasus:

Take a look at Spalding gray from Sherwin Williams. I painted my bedroom this color and absolutely adore it. I have lots of black accents with it and my main color for drapes and bedding is plum. It goers well with brown/beige carpeting and hardwood. Sometimes grays are hard to pair with browns.

supermama322
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Both gorgeous colors! Love them! I think I want a brown tone grey like your bathroom, but maybe a little less brown?? I don't know..ugh. I need both colors to be on the same color strip so they coordinate well. My main floor is pretty open concept so you can see every room from every other room. lol

Quoting ILive4This:

What a coincidence.  I have been searching for a gray for our office remodel.  The color will also go up the stairway, and into the upstairs hallway, b/c they're all attached.  I had 5 different samples on the walls, and a purse full of paint chips.  Grays are tough...too blue, too green, too brown...ugh.  We did our upstairs bathroom in gray a few months back, but we wanted something deeper this time around.  We have great natural light in the office/library, will have wainscoting on the lower part of the wall, in all the areas (it's up in the office, but not the stairwell or hall)  I started painting it earlier tonight.  It's called "Man Cave", from Lowe's in Valspar Signature.

Here's the bathroom.  It's Martha Stewart (Bedford Gray).  It's a brown/gray.

toomanypoodles
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:53 AM

I honestly do not like grey at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)