Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need opinions on wall color paint in kichen

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 167 Total Views

so i bought this house recently and this is the kitchen counters and horrible wall coloring. Im planning on just painting the walls. What do you guys think of dark beige or beige idk. I want to do a coffee latte expresso theme... Suggestions please???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
heninger09
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Another photo of the counter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I think a nice beige medium to dark range would look really good with the counters. The cabinets would make it pop too.

MomVsBoys
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Definately a darker neutral would make the cabinets pop while making the counters less of a focal point. The counters read very orange in the pics, that is something I would want to tone down, going more monochromatic would help, I'd be very tempted to get samples and paint different spots below the cabinets to be sure the neutral doesn't "turn" green or orange.

heninger09
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I hate the counters they do look a bit orange in this pic there not that orange. Im tight on budget right now or else i would get new counter tops. But for now i want to make it half way decent looking... Thanks for your tips!!

Quoting MomVsBoys:

Definately a darker neutral would make the cabinets pop while making the counters less of a focal point. The counters read very orange in the pics, that is something I would want to tone down, going more monochromatic would help, I'd be very tempted to get samples and paint different spots below the cabinets to be sure the neutral doesn't "turn" green or orange.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heninger09
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Awsome!!! I was hopeing so!! Thanks!!! :)

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I think a nice beige medium to dark range would look really good with the counters. The cabinets would make it pop too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM

It looks like there is some grey in there too.... Grey, dark beige...add some burgandy accents... 

beachdays
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM

How about Maroon..... That would be so rich and pretty with the theme 

at the beach  Live*Laugh*Love

QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I would try to lean toward the Tuscany colors...deep burgundy, mocha, or rusty colors...your countertop would pop with any of these. I have a deep burgundy in my kitchen after first painting it a creamy vanilla...I didnt tell my husband I was going to change, when he walked in the door...it was WOW and he really could care less about decorating...it is only paint, go for something you really like...even if it is only one wall in the room.Paint is easy to change and is not an expensive " ouch" if you dont like it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)