Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Is it too much to Paint the Living Room the Same color as...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

my Dining room? Our home is a small lake home, one floor. I LOVE Benjamin Moore's Weston flax (thanks to the girl who rec. it to me on here!!) Dining room looks pretty and cheerful and happy, however I was thinking of painting living room too the same color..because it's such a happy color. I'll post pics later to give idea of what house looks like right now :o)

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyOK
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:37 PM

In my house - every room is different color but we have a  big house and the layout lets us get away with it i think..Post some pictures it should give us an idea what it's like right now.

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
My living areas are small and open to each other. When I first built the house all rooms were different and it looked choppy and mismatched. I started to hate it and made it all one color. I'm about to choose new paint and will still keep it that way! I think it looks best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
What about similar, but 2 shades deeper? So there is sone differentiation, but they both complement the color scheme? I think with small spaces it is recommended to keep the sane color scheme to help keep good flow and make rhe area appear bigger ( as they flow gracefully and seamlessly) as opposed to choppy colors... Kwim?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)