Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

OT- will be MIA, again- UPDATE in reply

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 541 Total Views

For my long time members, you all know a lot of what my parents have been through. Unfortunately, the saga continues.

Yesterday, while at the doctor with my mom, we found out she has cancer again, in at least 2 different spots. The doctors haven't had time to really look at the scans because we went immediately from the scans to the cancer center. We only know that there is a spot on a lymph node in the lower abdomen and a significant  size mass in the upper abdomen close to the pancreas and abdominal aorta. The dr are consulting to see if it is possible to biopsy it, it is in a bad location due to major blood vessels in the same location. Drs said treatment would not be curative but he would try his best to make it manageable. We are hoping they are able to biopsy so the drs can get a diagnosis for what type of a cancer it is.

Her files have been sent to Mayos for a further consultation. We should hear from them by the end of the week.

For those who pray, we greatly appreciate it if you can pray for her and her medical team.

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I'm so sorry, Christine. Your mom had been through more than her fair share. I will definately keep you all in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I hate cancer.That is all.

blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Prayers to you, your mom, and your whole family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I can empathize. Prayers to you and your family.
Dina82
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I'm so sorry!!! will be deff praying for your mom and your family as well ! God willing everything will be just fine ..
auntietotty
by Admin on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Your mom and your family will be in my prayers. Please keep us posted!

caham
by Owner on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Thank you! We are headed up to the Mayo Clinic in MN on March 19th

my2sweetjoys
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Keeping you & your family in my prayers and please keep us updated as soon as you can.I realize that this week is the 19th-sending lots of prayers!

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I am sorry hun. You and your family are in my prayers.

caham
by Owner on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Our 2 day stay has turned into a week long stay. I will update when I finally get to go home!

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN