Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

hutches

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 327 Total Views
Do any of you have hutches? If you do what do you put in them? I just got one but I don't have any fine china or pretty dishes so I decided to put a display of some of my wedding photos and momentos. It is sitting in my dining room and I think it looks really pretty but is it weird that I'm not using it for dishes?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2sweetjoys
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

That is a good idea.I have dishes that I do not use and I bought them for the pattern.I have some old things in there but it has become the catch all for the whole family.I need to repurpose it back to something nice to look at again.

clockwatcher
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I have my grandmother's bow front china cabinet that has my china, Princess House crystal, collection of pedestal cake plates and cut crystal. In my kitchen I have my mother's early american style hutch with my collection of old cookie jars.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I have dishes, crystal, wine glasses and some pretty baking dishes.
As long as what's in there is pretty... Great!
catwoman123456
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Not weird at all- I actually know someone that put one in their yard with plants and flowers and outdoor knick-knacks on it and it was really cool.cat

auntietotty
by Admin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I have a built in corner china cabinet in my dining room.

It has my Christmas (snowman) dishes in it, plus some other pretty bowls and stuff that were my Grandma's...also a few knick knacks.

scorpiobabes
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

We didn't have china or nice dishes, so I made displays of some of my boyfriend's favorite collectibles. One shelf was dedicated to the Lehigh Valley Rail Road, another to Scotland (his mother was Scottish) and the last shelf was NASCAR (all about Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Jr.).Now it's in our living room (we moved into an apartment). The top shelf is mostly Snoopy (which he collects), the middle shelf is primarily NASCAR, and most of the bottom shelf is my things (mostly chickens!).

When I moved in, it was used to store his former wife's Pyrex. Man, did she have ugly taste! I admit-I kept a rare butter dish from the 50s, but since she asked for it back, I wrapped it up. And she hasn't seemed to notice it missing either!

deadlights86
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I'm supposed to get my moms cabinet I collect tea pots so when I finally get it I will have my tea pots in it.
penneylane
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM

my sister has photos in hers as well as her wedding bouquet. i have china dishes and middle east mementos

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Not weird at all! My hutch has white ironstone in the top and the buffet part hols a collection of family photos...The bottom right has school/craft supplies and the right holds extra food since I have no space whatsoever!

BabyTeki
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I just said to my husband earlier that I wished I had one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)