Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Coat closet

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 29 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

Ugh! Am I the only one living in a house without a coat closet?? That is one of the "joys" of living in an old home!

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetleanne
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM

We found some space in our garage and created a coat closet accessible to our den. Love it!

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I have a coat closet and a mud room... I have a wall with coat hooks and a bench... Here in the north east.. Id die without oUt it. Ok, not die.. But id have to clean a heck of a lot more! Lol

auntietotty
by Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Me me me! Home built in 1900....any closets we have were added later. Seriously..there is no original closet in this house.  And we have no coat closet either.

clockwatcher
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Nope! I'm right there with you. Our house was built in 1925 and only 2 of the 3 bedrooms have closets, if you want to call them that. Our third bedroom was originally off of the second larger one, and you had to go through one bedroom to get to the other. When my children were little it was okay but once they got older we had to create a "hallway' leading to the smaller room. No closets downstairs and no room to make one either.  At the time (I was much younger) I loved the idea of this older home but I have grown to hate it now!

supermama322
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Ugh, our 1965 house has a nook with a hanger rod in it. I hated it. No doors ...huge eyesore. I had my husband tear it out and build a bench! I love it now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flprincessmom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I live in a 3 bedroom apartment & the only closets are in the bedrooms & even at that the 3rd bedroom is the size of a small walk in closet and the one in there is barely big enough for a weeks worth of clothes......

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Our coat closet was made for a single person...lol. I'd love to have a bigger one but there's no space to put it!

caham
by Owner on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I am actually considering having a built in cabinet made for my dining room to serve this purpose. Our garage is detached, again typical of an old home, so that isn't an option for us. Luckily we have lots of upstairs closet space but it isn't convenient for coats to always be placed  up there.

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM

No I don't either. :( You walk in our house and we have a tiny little space to take off shoes and jackets. I have a shoe holder over the door leading to the garage. Then a bench that seriously needs to go since it's pointless to have there and a coat rack above it. I would love a hutch

Bmat
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I do have a coat closet. I remember my grandparents just had pegs on the hallway wall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN