Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awkward tree in my new apartment

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Mobile Photo

So I have just moved into an apartment that has this really awkward tree stump by the kitchen. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it look better?
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:17 AM

wrap some of those mini Christmas lights around it, maybe an artificial vine.  Is it part of the building, like they built the apartment around it...or can you remove it with the landlord's permission?

SWasson
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I'm assuming it's structural, so you're stuck with it. So, have fun with it. Maybe put leaf decals on the ceiling around it, like you're viewing the underside of a tree?

chrissydan
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Wrap ivy around it or put pics on it staggered or some sort of art
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.miss.mommy.
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I think it's there for decoration. Ill have to ask them Monday if I can take it out. I'm assuming they're going to say no. So, I thought I'd ask here for other opinions on how to make it work if I can't take it out.

Quoting michiganmom116:

wrap some of those mini Christmas lights around it, maybe an artificial vine.  Is it part of the building, like they built the apartment around it...or can you remove it with the landlord's permission?

.miss.mommy.
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Thanks for the ideas!
Jessie3398
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Wow no idea never seen that before.
Juniper53098
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I'd do ivy and lights on it.

miasmommy21407
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I have never seen anything like that before! How odd! I would go with the ivy idea or maybe even hang some frames from it to put the focus on the pictures instead of the "tree." 

Heather2001
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that's so weird!  I'd just leave it as is.  Anything you try to do will just bring more attention to it.

2spoiledgirlz
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I would love that in my house to go with my rustic look! I agree with wrapping some ivy around it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)