Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how important are...UPDATE!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 392 Total Views

all of the bedrooms on the same floor to you as a home buyer?

Having the house face the street?

My GF is trying to sell their house.
They have a renovated cape cod style...
2 bedrooms upstairs (hers and hubbys) and their 6 year old boy with a full bath in the middle.
Downstairs, is their 9 year old DD's bedroom. FYI they have huge kitchen, granite counters, big deck off house, small property, finished basement, LR and DR... and full bath on main floor. All is updated.

Their house is sideways on their property.. so when you pull into their driveway... you see the side of their house. Its quite clear you follow the path to the front door... or if your friends, you know to go thru the tall gate to the backdoor. But she is getting lots of guff about both issues...

In my house we have a master suite on its own floor... with a tray ceiling, walk in closet, huge master bath. But our room is not near kids 3 bedrooms, the other bedrooms are down 7 stairs.... Am wondering if this is going to be a problem IF we go to sell eventually So I was wondering who would NOT buy a house based on rooms not all being together.

MY GF sold her house!!!!! ONLY ON THE MARKET FOR 6 DAYS AND IT SOLD... regardless of the sideways or the bedroom upstairs. Ya'know, I disount the fact our school district is desired. We are great commute to NYC and houses in our neighborhood are pretty costly as are taxes... so, I guess people WANT to live her.. regardless. If your house is nice and clean... people are willing to overlook "incidentals"... KWIM....

I am SOO happy for her...BUT SAD for me!!  I dont want her to move far!

by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM

It is usually a good idea for a bedroom to be on the bottom floor, in case a time comes when someone can't climb stairs.  But, there is NO WAY I want my bedroom on a different floor than my kids' bedrooms.

chrissydan
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM
It doesn't bother me with the bedrooms. My mr bed is on the main level and kids are upstairs it works.

I would not however like a sideways house that I dont think I could get over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I like for all the bedrooms to be on the same floor.

SWasson
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, your GF's house sounds like mine. I'm hoping the layout is not a problem when we sell.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Im sure it will... If she didn't mind it; and you didn't mind it; and i don't mind it... Then someone else wont either.. Lol.
Its a super cute house. New roof, central air, great school district... $$ taxes though...

Quoting SWasson:

LOL, your GF's house sounds like mine. I'm hoping the layout is not a problem when we sell.

la_bella_vita
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Very important to me

SamMom912
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM

BUMP

Juniper53098
by on May. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome that she sold so fast!!

Heather2001
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to her!

Turtledoves
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I like when bedrooms are all on the same floor. Makes me feel safer in case of a fire, that way it would be easier to reach everyone instead of them being spread throughout the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)