Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you paint

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 23 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

How often do you paint the roms in your house. We have been planning on it for a few years, but haven't yet gotten around to doing it and we have lived here 5 years almost. We have the colors picked out and hopefully will be able to get it don't finally this summer. The kids rooms and our room are all white and we want to get them painted soon. It is just tough to move everything around to get it done since there is not a lot of space to put stuff while we paint

by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
campingmomof4
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM

We have lived in our house almost 18 yrs now.   We have painted the whole house 2 times now.  

lalasmama2007
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We moved into our house 3 1/2 years ago and everything was newly painted when we moved in.  I feel like some of the rooms needs to be painted again soon.

AjCeCeMom
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I've lived here 3 years and have only painted one room. We will be starting to decorate a lot more this summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I haven't painted in decades lol.

Sisteract
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Repaint, every few years.

Touch up? All the time.

othermom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Quoting goddess99:

Lol, that may be how we are. We are horrible about it. We have so many other projects that we need to do first. The kids need new carpetting too, of course once we do it it would make sense to paint too since everything would ave to be pulled out anyway

psych_mom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:29 PM

It really depends on how much I like a room. I try to decorate a room so that I don't have to paint it again for a long time. We just moved into our first home that we have bought so I may paint more often because I enjoy decorating.

MistressMinerva
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM

We just bought this house almost 2 yrs ago and it already had a fresh coat of paint. Might be a while before painting any walls.

decor42
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:35 PM

We did a remodel 11 years ago, time for some updating.  I re-painted all of the downstairs rooms except for the DR about 5 years later. Did alot of touch ups with no problems of the left over paint matching. Repainted the kitchen and down stairs bathroom a year later. The FR addition was painted a little over 2 years ago and last year we had the ceilings and walls painted in the kitchen, DR and front LR. Every 5 years is average.

goddess99
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Once we move I have a feeling I'll be back in the painting game.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting goddess99:

Lol, that may be how we are. We are horrible about it. We have so many other projects that we need to do first. The kids need new carpetting too, of course once we do it it would make sense to paint too since everything would ave to be pulled out anyway

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)