• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have anything your mom or dad made?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 319 Total Views
Do you have any items in your home that your mom or dad made for you?
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM
My dad has made several things. A magazine rack, yoga blocks, a paper towel holder kleenex boxes and a cross
MistressMinerva
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I do have some of my Mom's things that she had before she passed, but nothing that she made.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Some ceramics that my mom made, some doll clothes she sewed for me when I was a child, and quite a few photographs she took when she was a young woman through many of her grandchildren. She'll be 98 in July so they are precious to me. I have a bracelet that my dad welded for my mom when they were first married.
lalasmama2007
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I have a blanket that my mom crocheted.

Desirae1394
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Oh yes. My mom crochet sand knits so we have quite a few things, mostly for the kids but also an afghan from our wedding. 

sanj1213
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM
No, nothing.
Angela4boys
by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM
No, neither are the make stuff type ;)
psych_mom
by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM

nope, but we do have some hand welded miniature statues that my husband's great-grandfather made.

Alysse24
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM

My mom is an artist and I have several of her paintings as well as pieces she painted mainly plates. My dad is a woodworker and he's made several things for me, but the biggest is a hutch. My mom took a hiatus and is now finding the passion to paint again and I'm really happy for her. 

funhappymom
by on May. 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I do. My mom did a lot of great crafts and I have several things from her. My dad used to do string art and I have several of those, too. Although I'm not sure I have anything out, I think it's all packed away. Perhaps, I should go to attic and pull a few things out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)