Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

5 Ways to Use Mason Jars in the Bathroom

By designhermomma on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM

It's Mason Jar season! It's Mason Jar season! You know, the time of year when we sip sweet tea and other chilled beverages out of our favorite non-traditional glassware, canning jars.

But the Mason Jar wants you to know that it's capabilities and timeless good looks go way beyond the pantry and picnic table. This spring, we're putting to work and bring our fun and functional friend the Mason Jar into the bathroom as well.

5 ways to incorporate Mason Jars into the Bathroom:

1. DIY Soap Dispenser. Simply drill a hole in the top of a canning lid, add a soap pump (can be purchased at most hardware shops) and fill with your favorite liquid soap. This idea can easily be used for lotion as well.

2. Toiletry Storage. Use them to store personal hygiene products like cotton balls, makeup remover pads, q-tips, and so much more. They'll look great hanging out next to the sink, and will always be within arms reach.

3. Individual toothbrush holders. My family (present company included) does not like to share oral hygiene products. To keep the cooties (ok, germs) away, we use individually labeled Mason Jars to create pretty little storage cups for each persons toothbrush, toothpaste tube and floss.

4. Homemade bath salt storage. Soaking in aromatherapy bath salts has to be one of my favorite ways to relax after a stressful day. I store the salts in the largest Mason Jars I can find, and have a 1/2 scoop near by.

5. Makeup storage. Use various sized jars to store lipsticks and pencils, eyeliners, and application brushes next to wherever you get ready. Add fun detail to the jars by putting a couple inches of dried beans in the bottom of the jars. Go another step and store all the jars on a small Lazy Susan for easy counter-top access.

Mason Jars are awesome ways to spruce up the bathroom not only because they look chic, but because they're also inexpensive, come in many different sizes, and can be thrown in the dishwasher when dirty.

Do you use Mason Jars in the bathroom? If so, tell us how!

image credit: iStockphoto © Chris Kocek Photography

designhermomma About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • elasmimi
  • by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  •  I have a whole case of Mason jars (meant to start canning, but never did), just waiting for some good ideas like these.

• Quote Reply
  • OliviaW.
  • by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM
  • I use my jars for canning. I have used them as a holder for homemade bath salt or body scrub though. 

• Quote Reply
  • GaleJ
  • by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • They have several colors available right now as part of a limited edition production run including blue, green, and pink. They also sell a white plastic jar top and I've seen jar tops that have a flip top pour feature as well.

My only concern would be the problem of having glass in a bathroom. It might work for some but if you have children or, as I do, a kind of klutzy husband it could be a safety issue.
  • Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN