Towels are a necessity in a bathroom. Keeping them organized is not a necessity but it makes for a more beautiful and tidy bathroom. Read on for 7 easy ways to organize and store your bathroom towels.
Everyone loves an orderly and organized bathroom. Use the towels that you have and try a couple of these ideas for organizing your bathroom towels. Your bathroom will function a little better and it will look better too!
- ROLL THE TOWELS - if you're short on space or need a little decorative accent in your bathroom, roll your towels. This trick will work best if you fold the towels the long way first and then roll them up tightly.
- PUT WASHCLOTHS IN A BASKET ON THE COUNTER - Turn your nightly face washing routine into a little decor by folding up wash cloths and placing them in a cute basket on your counter.
- SEPARATE BY COLOR - If you have more than one color of towels, keep them separated by color to give your towels and storage a more uniform look.
- SEPARATE BY TYPE - Keep wash cloths, hand towels, and bath towels grouped together. This will make it easy to locate the towels you need and easier to put away on laundry day.
- CHOOSE ONE COLOR - If you want a neat and tidy look choose one color of towels. I love white towels - they wash up easily, look fresh and clean, and have that spa look in the bathroom.
- USE TOWELS AS FUNCTIONAL DECOR - Store towels in a basket on the counter or at the back of a soaker tub (if you don't use it all the time). Towels can add a softness to your bathroom that looks great and keeps them close at hand as well.
- FOLD UNIFORMLY - All the organization in the world can't hide sloppily folded towels. Choose a method for folding towels and stick with it. Make sure that the seams are facing the same direction when you put the towels away. This simple step will keep your towels neat and tidy until bath time.
Whether you choose to implement one or all of these simple steps for organized towels, it's an easy and free way to beautify your bath!
image credit: iStockphoto © sharambrosia