Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Would it be a deal breaker when home buying?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 1460 Total Views

For you, would buying a home be a deal breaker if it did not have a tub at all?

Our new house is a 4 bedroom home, so obviously ideal for a family. It currently has one bathroom. We do not take baths. It's a waste of water and we shower our kids, even the 11 month old. We used a baby bath for the very early months.

The bathroom needs to be gutted eventually and my plan is to remove the tub and make it into a large shower. 

There will eventually be an added bathroom in the basement with a small shower as well.

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowangel1979
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Honestly, yes but I love baths.

But do what works for your family. We are technically going to kinda turn our home into a 2 bedroom and a den with 2 bathrooms instead of a 3 bedroom 1 bath house because It's going to work for our family. DS doesn't like hanging cloths anyways, so he's going into the room without a closet. We are not planning on selling anytime soon anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM
The tub that's in there now is small. Not really good for adults to soak in.

I don't plan on selling for probably 20+ years but resale value is always important.

Quoting snowangel1979: Honestly, yes but I love baths.

But do what works for your family. We are technically going to kinda turn our home into a 2 bedroom and a den with 2 bathrooms instead of a 3 bedroom 1 bath house because It's going to work for our family. DS doesn't like hanging cloths anyways, so he's going into the room without a closet. We are not planning on selling anytime soon anyways.
twinners.mama
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
If the shower was a super nice one like the examples in your pictures, no it would be a deal breaker.
mandee1503
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM
I would love a jetted soaker tub but no a tub is not a deal breaker. My kids get showers.
Josie_P
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Yes. I need a tub lol. 

LoriAnn87
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:28 PM

really nice bathroom. if were buying a house and it didn't have a tub we would still buy it because my husband could always put one in.

BegoniaViolet
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I could not live in a home without a bathtub...I am a tub person. I like showers though that have the shower heads that are big and high up and high pressure sprayer..that is soothing on the neck , shoulders and back-good tension reliever!!

tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

We gutted our bathroom recently...taking the tub out...and replaceing with a bathroom like pictured above..but, we have a tub and full shower upstairs.

We don't plan and selling anytime soon either..but I still wanted one tub.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I'd love to see pictures if you will share! There is no other room for a tub and I think a walk in shower is the way to go for us. Not only for function but we are going to gear our home around being eco-friendly so home buyers would likely notice the appeal of not having a water waister.

Quoting tnlizard:

We gutted our bathroom recently...taking the tub out...and replaceing with a bathroom like pictured above..but, we have a tub and full shower upstairs.

We don't plan and selling anytime soon either..but I still wanted one tub.

Lynette
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Yes, for me it would be a deal breaker. The only way I would consider it would be if DH said we could redo the bathroom before we moved in. So it would have to be a house I loved to much to walk away from.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN