Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Yawn...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 329 Total Views
Why is this group so dead? Shouldn't admins be making posts?

I love this group but there is no activity.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
caham
by Owner on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Just like everything else it ebbs and flows. I am not big on posting frivolous posts to up the rank count. I would rather read pertinent posts to the group. I have updated on here several times about the health issues my mom has. She has been going through a tough battle with recurrent endometrial cancer that is not curable. I take her to all her appointments that include lengthy overnight travel to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. She recently had a successful, though tough treatment, over Christmas, but we have just been told her cancer is growing again. Her next round of chemo begins tomorrow.

I can't make people post, and have tried to get the other admins of the group to be more active, but everyone gets busy in their own lives and with their families.

This group has a lot of long time members who are very supportive and are full of great ideas and advice....but if no one posts a decorating question....them there is nothing to reply to. Feel free to start your own threads at any time :-)

sweetleanne
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Summer vacations, but things pick up. 

supermom.sv
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I love this group as well. I am sure it will pick up, I am about to make a post.

decor42
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a busy time of year.  I am sure things will pick up.

tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I love this group too!  I bet it will pick up once the kids get back in school, and summer winds down.

decor42
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I have been busy with 2 deaths in my family in the same week. 1 was a total surprise and the other was expected due to a very very long battle with cancer.  Both actually passed of cancer by my half sister never told anyone and somewhat disconnected with the rest of the family after our brother passed last year May.  My step father on the other hand has had cancer (multiple kinds) for about 16 years. Please keep my mom in your thoughts.  She was so dependant on him.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your losses. Good thoughts and prayers to everyone who is dealing with their loss. :(

Quoting decor42:

I have been busy with 2 deaths in my family in the same week. 1 was a total surprise and the other was expected due to a very very long battle with cancer.  Both actually passed of cancer by my half sister never told anyone and somewhat disconnected with the rest of the family after our brother passed last year May.  My step father on the other hand has had cancer (multiple kinds) for about 16 years. Please keep my mom in your thoughts.  She was so dependant on him.

caham
by Owner on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Just like everything else it ebbs and flows. I am not big on posting frivolous posts to up the rank count. I would rather read pertinent posts to the group. I have updated on here several times about the health issues my mom has. She has been going through a tough battle with recurrent endometrial cancer that is not curable. I take her to all her appointments that include lengthy overnight travel to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. She recently had a successful, though tough treatment, over Christmas, but we have just been told her cancer is growing again. Her next round of chemo begins tomorrow.

I can't make people post, and have tried to get the other admins of the group to be more active, but everyone gets busy in their own lives and with their families.

This group has a lot of long time members who are very supportive and are full of great ideas and advice....but if no one posts a decorating question....them there is nothing to reply to. Feel free to start your own threads at any time :-)

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

JaeMommy07
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I just joined. It is pretty dead but I figure that's because summer and running around takes people away from CM! 

MsJenkins304
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe people are preparing for back to school and other things.

tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting caham:

I'm so sorry about your mom...I know she has been battling for some time...  Hug her, cherish her, enjoy every moment you can with her, I really miss mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN