Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Preparing for Winter

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

It is August already.  It is time to prepare your house for the winter months.  What do you do to get ready for the long winter?

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
campingmomof4
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:41 AM

I have 3 cords of wood stacked.  Need to get 1 more cord done.  

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I just pray the cold weather doesnt start early like it did last year! Oil is expensive!

Alieda
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:59 PM
We will have to close the pool and buy some wood for fireplace
JaeMommy07
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
We board up our summer home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
decor42
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM

We just had a insulated door put on the wash room.  Hoping to get the West side of the house insulated in a week or two.  We had our gas tank (150 gal) filled 2 days ago and have scheduled to have fuel delivered(150 gal).  We have enough coal to last for about a month and a half so we have not scheduled delivery.  I also change out my curtains.  Wanted to get a jump on that this weekend but we have guests that are from out of town that came for my step fathers funeral.  As for the land, we just built a deck on the front of the camper and screened in the roof of the pavilion.  Will have to drain the lines and add antifreeze.  Holding off on that for a month or so.  Haven't had much time to spend there this year other than maintaining. Hopefully coffee on the dock tomorrow morning.

JohnnyCakes
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:08 AM

We still have tons to do to prepare for winter and unfortunately I have no motivation to do it and DH has no time lol. Our skylight leaked last year due to ice dams and we have to gut the drywall and fix all that so it doesn't happen again this year! That should have been done months ago but we've been trying to tie up loose ends all over the house before starting another big project, ugh. Chimney crown and tuck needs to be done, we still have to chop more firewood and get it stacked. Tomorrow we are cleaning and organizing the garage from all the reno mess so we can actually park in there before it snows :) 

blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I bring in my patio furniture but we like to sit on it thru the fall till the first snow, so there's plenty of time for that. Oh, and I usually buy a bag of salt. That's about it!...LOL

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Just buy some more wood for the fireplace.
caham
by Owner on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't do much...and August is too early to start winter prep here. We will have the pool guys come and winterized the pool sometime in October and put the patio furniture away at that time too. Other than that, that is about all. I do want to divide some of the plants in my flower beds, but I won't do that till mid to late September.

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

RINKADINK2257
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Washing out sweaters& covers, geting flannel sheet sets also i do inventory for the holiday months. I stocvk up on tea,coffee,cider& soup.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)