Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! Refinishing kitchen table!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:29 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

Hey Ladies,

I'm so excited to be apart of this group! I love decorating, I live in a town home right now but hopefully in the next year or so I will have my own home!

Anyways, I am in need of some help. I need to refinish a table I just bought. Its already got a dark cherry finish on it but its all scratched up (not too bad but it is noticable). I don't know the first thing about refinishing wood so any suggestions on where to start would be fantastic.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommybgood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Here's a copy of my post on Design on a Dime about Restore-a-finish...might be worth a try!

Here's a link...

http://howardproducts.com/restora.htm

I have to share my recent experience with this product...no, I don't work for the company!! :)

I offered to restore my Mom and Dad's dining room set for their Christmas present, and now I'm just KICKING myself because I did not take before pictures...

Their set is oak and was almost completely bleached out to a grayish hue.  This product actually made their set look like new!!!! I was so excited, I did their bathroom cabinets as well...again, the wood was bleached out and grayish from water with ALOT of spots....I swear I rubbed it on and it looks TOTALLY GREAT!!!!

The best part about this is there is NO sanding, you simply rub on with a cloth or extra fine steel wool, wipe off, and then coat with a gel wax and buff out.  It took a total of three hours to do BOTH their dining set and bath cabinets.

It was almost TOO good to be true, so I even went back today to check and see if the finish had stayed as nice...it did.

Thought all of you out there with tired bath or kitchen cabinets might like to hear about this one...the kicker, was I spent a TOTAL of $16 on both the restorer and the wax!

Shelly

Callie22
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Thank you so much! I will take before and after pics to share as soon as I'm done refinishing it.

~Callie~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)