Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idea: Stairs

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 440 Total Views

The kickboard of my steps was white and always marked up but shoes hitting it, so we tiled with 1" slate to avoid ugly marks.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1-Mama-Debbie
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Great idea! It looks so pretty.

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Thanks. We were deciding for years what to do because I hated the scuff marks and no matter how many times I painted, there'd be more.

I wanted spanish tile but since the house is pretty much a traditional and we already put slate in the entryway, I thought this may be the best option for the stairway.

Quoting 1-Mama-Debbie:

Great idea! It looks so pretty.

brancoj
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

very pretty...I love it.

MelindaD
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Great job!  Can I ask what is on the stair itself paint, stain? How slippery is it? I've been pulling up nasty old RED carpet off our stairs but my oldest son keeps slipping. (I know it's b/c he rushes) but just wondering about yours

Thanks

N.C. Moms come check out my group  butterfly

http://www.cafemom.com/group/NCMommies

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM

It's hardwood ON the stairs and yes, it can be slippery. I've slipped a fewtimes, myself.  The kickboard was only wood and during the renovation, they had painted it white to match the rest but it was always marked up after a few months. 

Quoting MelindaD:

Great job!  Can I ask what is on the stair itself paint, stain? How slippery is it? I've been pulling up nasty old RED carpet off our stairs but my oldest son keeps slipping. (I know it's b/c he rushes) but just wondering about yours

Thanks

gibby1217
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Very, Very Nice and beautifully done.

paytons_mommy
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Very nice!

keeperof2
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM

WOW!!!!!
Ya know i would never picture in my head that i would like the way that looked - but i really really do!!!!!!!!!!!  very cool!!!!!

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

ilmomma81
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM

OMG gorgeous !!!!!!

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 7:29 AM

I love it and it's so maintenance free.  I still have to grout it because we just had it done though, so it'll look nicer once it's grouted.

Everytime I see the stairs, it reminds me of a cascading waterfall, as if it were a fountain. lol.

Quoting keeperof2:

WOW!!!!!
Ya know i would never picture in my head that i would like the way that looked - but i really really do!!!!!!!!!!!  very cool!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)