Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Incorporating colors in your rooms..I'm at a standstill! Help pls!(pics included)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

How do you decide on exactly which colors you use in a room? I am back and forth on my kitchen colors.

I love the colors in this coffee cup  I have another one also and a nice picture (the pic is below) and also a decorative plate.

I painted my bathroom last year and well  now I dont really care for the color, even though it goes perfectly with a shower curtain I found and liked.  

Its just hard for me to decide what goes where.

And do people paint beadboard? Just wondering about this.

Thanks!

*I'm at a standstill right now because of my indecision. sigh~  

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
autismom
by Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM

For your kitchen, I would suggest going with a goldish yellow, leaning towards a golden tan, kind of like the grass color on the rooster mug, like straw or hay color. I think that would make a nice neutral color for the walls (although I don't know what color your cabinets or appliancess are, just going off the colors of the mug). Then I would use the rusted orange color at the top of the mug as the accent color. Get towels, pot holders and maybe even a window valance in this rust color. Then maybe have a few items in a green wrought iron, like maybe a paper towel holder, bakers, or pot rack, kitchen clock or spice rack. Those items should be fairly easy to find in green wrought iron.

Group Admin for;

. Autism Spectrum Disorder in Girls . General Hospital Fans .

. Design on a Dime Moms .

patnic
by on May. 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM

You could go with the yellow or even the red.   My house is french country reds, blues & yellows.   I have a picture of my kitchen in the folder "Show us your kitchens" in this group.  It doesn't show a lot, but you can get an idea. 

I have beadboard on my kitchen ceiling and it is not painted.  I do have beadboard in other areas of my house and it is white. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)