• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*pics* Baby Boys Room Help- slanted ceilings and only knee-high walls.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 1266 Total Views

My son's room is horrible, he actually isn't even in it yet because I can't figure a way to place the crib nor the other furniture.

When you walk into his room the doorway is in the center of that wall, the left and right hand sides are only knee-high walls and very slanted ceiling. The back wall is the where the only window is placed.

I need some good ideas on how to set his room up, it's not a big room either, If I place the crib up against one side, it will actually be up against the ceiling not the wall and it comes out to teh middle of the room, that is how small the room is.

We never thought we were going to have to use this room as a childs room. Big Surprise-but a wonderful one at that!

Any ideas, comments  welcomed.

*Please don't mind the mess, it's been a storage room for yrs.*

THis is what it looks like when you walk in.

Left side of room

Right hand side

This is when the door is shut

This is what the people had up when we moved in- I might keep it being that they did a good job.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymichelle2002
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Can you post a pic?

cuteasabutton78
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Will tomorrow, everyone is sleeping upstairs now, Where I should be, lol.

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:28 PM

It's hard to give advice without a picture. However, what my SIL did was put my nephew's crib in the center of the room like you would a regular bed and it looked just fine. 

So try doing that, with what would be the headboard against a wall, maybe even the window, centering it with the room.

Kind of like this:

mymichelle2002
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Is it feasable to take that window out and put windows in the ceiling itself?  I don't know I'm trying to figure it out. maybe put of of the older kids in that room instead? Do they like it, at all? might be easier because they are older.

cuteasabutton78
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:35 PM

The worst part is that the room is soo small, if I put the crib in the center or the room, I wouldn't be able to walk around it at all, I would hit my head.

I could possibly put my 7 yr old boy in there, I guess I would have to discuss it w/ him.

Skylights, hmmm, I forgot about them, that is a good idea. Now, I'll have to talk to my hubby! thanks.

I'll still post pics tomorrow.

tess-n-co
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM

skylights are a GREAT idea. and i think this room would be fun for a 7 year old. all of the angles and things can make it fun. i'd paint the walls a light color to make the space appear to be larger.

OR what you could do is have your children share a room and make this room the playroom/hang out space for your 7 year old. throw some bean bag chairs and a desk, some games. it would be a cool space for him to hang out with his friends. and it might make sharing his sleeping space with a younger sibling seem better.

good luck.

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM

It looks to me like you have enough room to put a crib against that window or did you opt to make it your toddler's room instead?

cuteasabutton78
by on Jun. 18, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I might try and make it my oldre sons room he's 7 so it might work

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM

That might be your best option because you can fit a twin bed in there better, since it's not as high as a crib.

Are you planning to strip down the wall paper and everything?

I also believe skylights would be a nice touch. 

Quoting cuteasabutton78:

I might try and make it my oldre sons room he's 7 so it might work

cuteasabutton78
by on Jun. 26, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I was going to try and work w/ the wallpaper sinc they did such a good job putting it up (it was newly put up when we were buying the home)

I'm just trying to convince my son it wouldnt be such a "bad" room for him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)