Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so sad :(

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 411 Total Views
my baby girl turns 8 today :) but at the same time  :( I was watching home video's today and she was the cutest baby girl she said the funniest things and was beautiful and still is but omg I cried my eyes out, I have fixed myself and cannot have anymore babies and she is my second child but I was wondering  do any of you have moments where you just wish they stayed small forever? I think I have  been an emotional wreck and dont know how to handle it.

LUVSBEINAMOMMY (CHRISTA)

credit cardmakeupsexy

by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
psych_mom
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I think we all go through wanting them to stay small, but we have to look at the positive side. It is such a joy as well to watch them grow and learn new things and to realize that you have helped shape this little person that was one a baby that was completely dependent upon you into someone that is fun, brings love and happiness to you and will be a wonderful person because you taught them to be.

I had to have a hysterectomy after my 3rd child at the age of 26. That was almost 5 years ago, and I still get sad that my 3 are growing up. but then I see how great they are, and I am ok with it!

mindy3-6
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Yes, my son just turned 8 on Sunday.  I can't believe he is growing up so fast.  He is my oldest.  His brother is almost 5.  It's really been hitting me lately how big they are both getting.  At least once a day I think to myself how I wish I could freeze time.  I love the ages they are now. 

luvsbeinamommy
by Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Quoting psych_mom:

I think we all go through wanting them to stay small, but we have to look at the positive side. It is such a joy as well to watch them grow and learn new things and to realize that you have helped shape this little person that was one a baby that was completely dependent upon you into someone that is fun, brings love and happiness to you and will be a wonderful person because you taught them to be.

I had to have a hysterectomy after my 3rd child at the age of 26. That was almost 5 years ago, and I still get sad that my 3 are growing up. but then I see how great they are, and I am ok with it!

thank you for the uplifting:)

Kilee36
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I have an 8 year old girl as well.  Yes, I had that moment when I was going through her baby clothes.  You know though that every year you are different memories to be had.  Good luck.

JazzyJes
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I know exactly how you feel..Everytime I look at my twins and see how big they are now just makes me want to cry(alot here lately)...I would love to keep them young and innocent 4 ever...I know how boys/men are!!!

luvsbeinamommy
by Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM

I am glad that you ladies get emotional about it to :) not meaning it in a bad way but I thought I was depressed or something.

mommyto3bees
by Member on Nov. 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM

AWW big hugs~ mine turned 8 in july and im just like hooowwwww

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)