Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is your 6-7 year olds bedtime on school nights. (with poll)

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM
  • 56 Replies
  • 10455 Total Views

Poll

Question: So what time is there bedtime? rather they go straight to sleep or not :-)

Options:

earlier than 7

7:30

8:30

later than 9

no set bedtime

other, you never know I may have missed an option. Please let me know what it is, so I can add it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 193

View Results

You may or may not be consisted with your child/children's bedtime on school nights verses weekends and summer breaks, which I am not. That's not my question for this poll. I am just wanting to know the bedtime on school nights. Also I'm just wanting bedtimes for 6-7 yr olds (1st graders).

Thank you all

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mudfishzgirl
by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I said 8 but if she wakes up in the morning and tells me she is tired she goes to bed earlier (about 7:30) that night. We read a story and then she goes to sleep.

lnlsmommy
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I aim for 7:30 but sometimes it is closer to 8.

relosansil
by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I voted for 8:30, bc that's the time I set up, but it can even go close to 9. When he is tired, usually after school he takes a nap.

amberdawn29
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2009 at 1:18 PM

my daughters bedtime is 8:30

Proud Mom to Makayla Rose and Aubrey Grace

Momonthegogo
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM

We started at 8:30 then it went to 7:30 because she was too crabby in the morning. There is a night on Wenesdays that she does not get to bed until after 9 because she has a children't youth ministry called AWANA from 6:30 to 8. She is not plesent on Thursday mornings.

I am a Proud Mother of Bryce and Elizabeth Hulak.              I am a Prolife, Born Again Christian and Proud of it!

SabrinaL
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I voted 8 because that is the absolute latest.  Usually he goes to bed on his own at 7:30.  He knows by what shows are on tv what time it is when it gets close to bed time. LOL.  Hopefully they wont change the schedule on me.

*Edit:  My son is 6 but he is in kindergarden because he has a late bday.

Bay_Moll
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM

My girls go to bed at 8  and ussually asleep by 8:15 I have a soon to be 7 yr old and a 4 yr old so they need their sleep

kerryb888
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM

7:30 is my aim.... not always successful but most of the time we get it right.  Connor loves his sleep so if it goes any later than that he gives us a hard time to wake in the morning.  On the weekends if he goes to bed at like 9:30pm he will sleep in till after 8am sometimes he even sleeps a full 12 hours which is great for us parents on the weekend... :) Connor is also 6 and in Kindergarten.

CaLizzyMom
by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM

My son goes to sleep by 8:30pm. It ended up being later than I had hoped for, but sometimes my hubby doesn't get home until 7 so it is nice for them to have some time together.

frftrwifeMOMx3
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old and they both get on their beds at 8 pm. I don't care if they lay in their rooms and do nothing, sing to themselves or talk to themselves they are not allowed to get up or yell to eachother or anyone else in the house. I think they need to learn to soothe themselves to sleep and mommy needs some time to regroup too. Sometimes they will ask to go to bed earlier and we let them. We do not allow them to stay up later on weekends but it does tend to happen on holidays or special occassions though we try hard for it not to. I also have a 4 month old who is down by 10pm after his last feeding. So this gives me a little more one on one time with him that I don't get during the day because of the other children. I think you have to establish a bedtime that works for your family and also a routine, do the same thing in the same order at the same time everynight and eventually your kids will be sleepy at the time you set and there won't be any bedtime issues. But you have to be consistent.

kissing dad

Amy M. ~Proud mom of three beautiful babies & wife of a fire fighting husband!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)