Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Boyfriend Hates The Name I Want For My Baby!

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 751 Total Views

Hello! I am new to this whole site but have completely went crazy on the forums!

My name is Amanda and I am 10 weeks pregnant! I obviously don't know the sex.
But me and Matthew are already trying to decide on a name. What we would call it if it was a girl and boy.

We have a lot of ideas for a girl. Well he does. My dads name is Kenny and my mums name is Sandra. Since I was a little girl I always said I would name my daughter "Kendra" which is part of my mums name and part of my dads. This isn't the only reason I love this name. I used to get bullied in school about my name and I moved schools so I used to tell people it was Kendra and I didn't get bullied once. Although it was hard to explain why the teachers were calling me something different!

The proplem is when I told my SO this, he point blank refused to even concider it! He thinks its awful. We have had a couple more ideas and I told him he could name it anything he wanted if it was a boy as long as it wasn't stupid.

I am actually beginning to like the sound of other names now but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what they done about it!

Thanks in advance!

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CalienteDama
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM

BUMP!

1Angeland3Girls
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I love that Kendra is part of both your mom and dads name!!!!  Screw him!! Its adorable!!! 

Make a deal with him, You get the girls name, and he gets the boys name. Or He gets the middle name for a girl, and you get the middle name for a boy..

truelove813
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I'm curious to know what your real name is since you went by Kendra to avoid being teased?  

CalienteDama
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Mandy

Quoting truelove813:

I'm curious to know what your real name is since you went by Kendra to avoid being teased?  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
truelove813
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM
People made fun of Mandy? Girls at my school used that as a nickname for Amanda. No one made fun of them

Quoting CalienteDama:

Mandy

Quoting truelove813:

CalienteDama
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Yes I know people used it as a nickname but I would never. 8 got bullied in school anyway and I guess they just used my name as another thing to bully me about.

Quoting truelove813:

People made fun of Mandy? Girls at my school used that as a nickname for Amanda. No one made fun of them

Quoting CalienteDama:

Mandy

Quoting truelove813:

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM
What name did he pick out?
CalienteDama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Well I am pregnant with a boy. It doesn't matter. Made this post when we didn't know the sex he still is against the idea of Kendra if we ever have a girl but we picked "Caiden" for the boy I am going to have in March.

Quoting Mylifeasmelissa:

What name did he pick out?

acb4415
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

if you have a girl in the future, then maybe he might consider it as a middle name. and you can call her by her middle name. My cousin is named Morgan Alexis and everyone calles her Alex, and DH also has a co-worker who goes by his middle name, so maybe you can still get the name you want ;-)

Kirstyttc
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM

i dont like kendra either sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN