Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Boyfriend Hates The Name I Want For My Baby!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello! I am new to this whole site but have completely went crazy on the forums!

My name is Amanda and I am 10 weeks pregnant! I obviously don't know the sex.
But me and Matthew are already trying to decide on a name. What we would call it if it was a girl and boy.

We have a lot of ideas for a girl. Well he does. My dads name is Kenny and my mums name is Sandra. Since I was a little girl I always said I would name my daughter "Kendra" which is part of my mums name and part of my dads. This isn't the only reason I love this name. I used to get bullied in school about my name and I moved schools so I used to tell people it was Kendra and I didn't get bullied once. Although it was hard to explain why the teachers were calling me something different!

The proplem is when I told my SO this, he point blank refused to even concider it! He thinks its awful. We have had a couple more ideas and I told him he could name it anything he wanted if it was a boy as long as it wasn't stupid.

I am actually beginning to like the sound of other names now but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what they done about it!

Thanks in advance!

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (11-14):
CalienteDama
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Lol that's your opinion but to be honest I have kinda went off it myself

Quoting Kirstyttc:

i dont like kendra either sorry

mp0264
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I think Kendra, is a cute name. My husband and I are having the same issue picking a name we both like. There's not really much you can do about it. You kind of just go through names until you both go, "I like that."

vcory
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Caiden is a good name! It's really popular here, is it were you are from? I always liked it for a girl but a good friend used it for her baby boy. Maybe he'll be open to Kendra in the future or maybe it could be a middle name :)
CalienteDama
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM

No it's not very popular here (Scotland). I only know one Caiden and that's my baby boy! Lol , Me and my Partner thought that it was the only name we both liked.. If I ever have a girl I will struggle with that because he wants "River" for a girl.. I liked it at first but now I'm not sure at all! 

Quoting vcory:

Caiden is a good name! It's really popular here, is it were you are from? I always liked it for a girl but a good friend used it for her baby boy. Maybe he'll be open to Kendra in the future or maybe it could be a middle name :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)