Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two questions - (gentle) honesty is appreciated!

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 305 Total Views

We are 22 weeks pregnant with a boy (yay!)  Our DD is 18 months and this is it for us.  Onto the question:

1.  When we were pregnant last time we decided we liked the name Cooper if the baby was a boy.  My husband is still set on this name, but it makes me think of Anderson Cooper and Bradley Cooper (my DH has no idea who either of these people are by name - but would if I showed him a pic.)  Also, I have noticed people name their dog Cooper.  I still like the name but would like an honest assesment for a first name.

2.  NO CLUE what to do for a middle name.  I would have liked to use a family name for a middle but the only family name of his side he has suggested is his grandfather/uncle/cousin/cousin's kid (same name).  Overused name and the uncle and cousin are total losers and I don't want the kid associated with that.  He doesn't want to use one from my family since our DD middle name is from my family.  So now we are just looking for something that sounds good.  (Is that fair - they all have his last name - I guess it is mine too now, but you know what I mean.)

We tend to straddle the line, not too unique but not overused and I think I want something classic since he will have a unique first name, that way he can go by his middle name if he doesn't like his first name.  Also I am concerned about the initials - our last name starts with a B, so anything beginning with A would be CAB, don't like COB either...you get the idea.

Thoughts?

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AmbergerHelper
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM
First I think Cooper is a nice name for a boy but I have seen it quite a bit lately so I don't know how unique it really is.

Middle name ideas:
Cooper Ryan
Cooper Jensen
Cooper Jackson
Cooper Matthew
Cooper Maddox
Cooper Jacob
Cooper Wyatt
Cooper David
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ferne3
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Thanks!

Where are you that you have heard a lot of Cooper lately?  Everyone (we haven't told a lot) we have told have never heard of it - but we also aren't in childcare or teaching, so we aren't upt o date with trands....

Thanks again for your input.  =)

Quoting AmbergerHelper:

First I think Cooper is a nice name for a boy but I have seen it quite a bit lately so I don't know how unique it really is.

Middle name ideas:
Cooper Ryan
Cooper Jensen
Cooper Jackson
Cooper Matthew
Cooper Maddox
Cooper Jacob
Cooper Wyatt
Cooper David

AmbergerHelper
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM
I live in Idaho but I have seen it a lot on various baby sites as well. Its also the name of a character on Private Practice. If you guys absolutely love the name you should go for it though and not let popularity ruin it. Especially since you guys haven't heard the name anywhere else. :)

Quoting ferne3:

Thanks!

Where are you that you have heard a lot of Cooper lately?  Everyone (we haven't told a lot) we have told have never heard of it - but we also aren't in childcare or teaching, so we aren't upt o date with trands....

Thanks again for your input.  =)

Quoting AmbergerHelper:

Middle name ideas:

Cooper Ryan

Cooper Jensen

Cooper Jackson

Cooper Matthew

Cooper Maddox

Cooper Jacob

Cooper Wyatt

Cooper David

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
truelove813
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Personally I am not a fan of Cooper. It reminds me of a dog, or a last name.  To make you feel better, I really don't like ANY boy names at all lol 

acb4415
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I like Copper, you go with what you like... someone will always have some kind of association to any name, but it is your choice! As far as middle names, maybe Brendon, Ellis , Grant , Thompson , or Wyatt

Alicatfour
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Cooper is a nice name!

Cooper Joel

Cooper Jackson

Cooper Blake

Cooper Franklin

Cooper Eric

Cooper Jamison

Cooper Ethan

Cooper Dean

Cooper Mitchell

Cooper Mark

Cooper Lyle

Cooper Eliot

Cooper Elijah

Cooper Ryan

Cooper Liam

Cooper Miles

Cooper Riley

Cooper Bryce

Cooper Neal

drowning in laundrygroup hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN