Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of these names?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

Poll

Question: What do you think of the names Juliette Ivy and Skylar Nicole for twin girls?

Options:

UGLY! Your sister-in-law is right

They're okay, but I wouldn't name my child that.

Pretty cool. I like them.

Absolutely adore them!

I don't know.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I'm having twin girls and my DH and I have picked out names already.

We have the names Juliette Ivy and Skylar Nicole picked out, but my sister-in-law keeps telling us the names are really ugly and that our daughters will be made fun of.

And I keep thinking to myself "Says the woman named Esther Rae"

I'm starting to feel insecure about the names.

What do you think of them?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyTo5Boys
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I like Skylar but Juliette not so much. I like Julie or Jules but not Juliette. 

But they are your kids and it's your choice so name them what ever you want and do not let anyone make you feel bad about that!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
rosesNlilies
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:14 AM

sounds like we are all torn on this topic. I personally like the name Juliette and I know it is becoming more popular as a sophisticated choice with upper class. As for Skylar, I also like this name but it is a completely different style than Juliette. Juliette is old-fashioned, while Skylar is more modern. I think you may need to find sibling names that work better together.

Some ideas:

Juliette & (Katherine, Leonora, Margaret, Charlotte, Beatrix, Elizabeth)

Skylar & (Sage, Paige, Madison, Summer, Autumn, Sienna, Sadie)

shelly69
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I like Juliette, but not skylar.. too many boys named that...Ivy is pretty though & Nicole is a great middle name, ( I have a Callie Nicole ) good luck..

MommyMitchy247
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I talked to DH and we're definitely keeping Juliette Ivy.

My first daughter's name is Melody Eleanor and my son's name is Collin Liam.

My grandmother's name is Charlotte. I think it's a very pretty name and DH likes it too. Now that you mention it, I have had a couple names on the back burner since forever. Diana, Lillian, and Kathrine have been on the table for a while but we never really paid attention to them much. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Quoting rosesNlilies:

sounds like we are all torn on this topic. I personally like the name Juliette and I know it is becoming more popular as a sophisticated choice with upper class. As for Skylar, I also like this name but it is a completely different style than Juliette. Juliette is old-fashioned, while Skylar is more modern. I think you may need to find sibling names that work better together.

Some ideas:

Juliette & (Katherine, Leonora, Margaret, Charlotte, Beatrix, Elizabeth)

Skylar & (Sage, Paige, Madison, Summer, Autumn, Sienna, Sadie)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)