Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with opinions please?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 119 Total Views

Alrighty, I've already heard all the negative comments about correct spelling and using the K as the first letter ect. However, the spelling on these names have been chosen for very particular reasons, and I will not be deterred from the spellings. So you will be wasting your time if you respond with a "using the k is trendy" or "you're dooming your children for life" ect comments. What I need is opinions on if you think any on our list will be mispronounced, what is the favorite, and what goes best with the older sibling's names (Kristofer, Kimberlie).

Here we go. In order of my favorite to least favorite:

Kordeliah

Kassandra

Karraline

Klementyn

Konstance

We also have a list of middle names (same goes for these, I know they aren't to everyone's liking, but what is the best and which sounds best with which first name)

Shelby

Nova

Justy

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DACIA79
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Kassandra Shelby
Konstance Shelby

I'm conflicted on the pronunciation of the first name is it Kor-Deliah or Cordelia with a K.

You may get pronunciation trouble with Karraline. To me it looks like Carraline or Caroline but some may also pronounce it Caralyn.

I don't think anyone would have any trouble pronouncing the other names.
TheMommyTaxi
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM

They are all cute, but they should all be spelled with a "C" and not a "K"... looks like you are trying to hard to be "unique" with all the "K"'s....

LadyBugMom09
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Kordeliah and Karraline will more than likely be mispronounced.

I don't really think any of the middle names go with the first names.
Steph2014
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Quoting DACIA79: Kassandra Shelby Konstance Shelby I'm conflicted on the pronunciation of the first name is it Kor-Deliah or Cordelia with a K. You may get pronunciation trouble with Karraline. To me it looks like Carraline or Caroline but some may also pronounce it Caralyn. I don't think anyone would have any trouble pronouncing the other names.

Kordeliah is pronounced like Corrdelia

Seniahmom
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Kassandra is the only option IMO. Shelby sounds best as middle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vl_mom-to-be
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM

I don't think any of those are hard to pronounce in my opinion even with the spelling. Klementyn might be a tad confusing with the y. My favorite is Karraline! Karra for short is cute. 

Not sure about the middle names.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)