Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The reason we chose the name we chose. . . .

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 152 Total Views
I've always loved double middle names. We chose Chance b/c right before I found out I was preg I was supposed to leave for the Navy. We were getting ready to take some time apart and I was gunna go do what I've been wanting to do for a while so. . . . .In turn, "What were the CHANCES of me getting pregnant and not going to the Navy" Also, back in July we found out that I have poly-cystic ovary syndrome. ((Here is a site that explains it if you are wondering http://women.webmd.com/tc/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos-topic-overview)) So, then again, "what were the chances of me getting pregnant?" So, after that, Chance just stuck with us.

I sat and thought and thought and thought about middle names and the only thing I could come up with was Jackson. The reason I am picking a "J" name is b/c Corey's initials are "CJ", his dad's initials are "CJ", and it goes on. Well neither one of the boys' initials are CJ and I wanted to keep it in the family. When I was at my parents house one night I told them about Chance Jackson. My mom said she liked it but my dad said "Why don't you name him after me?" I said "Chance James??" We all agreed there and later that night I pitched the name to Corey and he liked it too.

We were trying and trying and trying to find sumthing that would go with Chance James so I could stil have my double middle name. Then, while on the phone with Corey one day I said "How about we name the baby after my dad and each of the boys?" Corey's response was "What name him Jim Dominic Damian??" LOL I said "NO Chance James Charles" James is my dad's first name, Corey's middle name, and Dominic's middle and Charles is my dad's middle name as well as Damian's middle name.

So, after that it just kinda stuck. The baby will be names after SOOO many ppl in his family adn I will still get to have a double middle name. BTW the last name is Russell.

Chance James Charles Russell

Now, knowing why we picked it. . . .what do u think, lol

by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CarlyQ
by Group Owner on Feb. 3, 2008 at 11:38 PM
Although it doesn't change my personal opinion about the name Chance, which is just a difference in naming style, it does explain how much meaning this name has for you and your family. The most important thing is always to find a name YOU love, that means something to you, and that just FEELS right. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Carly -- Mom to Evie 6/9/04 and Sammy 4/17/07

Need a name? Love baby names? Join us at Baby Name Polls and Opinions

I have amazing insight. I'd use it on myself only I don't have any problems. -- from Music & Lyrics

Yente96
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 11:46 PM
I agree, you should name the baby what feels comfortable to you.  This name obviously has a lot of meaning for you.  Congratulations on your pregnancy and enjoy you new baby when he comes.

Poetmom
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 7:44 AM
I think it's great that it has so much meaning to you and your famiy.....but I stil don't like the way it goes together!   :)

Mom-2-Jayse
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy!  (I also have PCOS and went through fertility treatments to conceive my son).  I like the story behind how you chose your sons name.  Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)