Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCSed here a few months ago

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 278 Total Views

I joined this group right before our PCS, in the hopes of getting to know some of you ladies before moving across the country, but of course I got too busy and forgot about it, lol. So, I guess it's time to introduce myself :) I'm Bonnie, I'm 28 and I have three girls. Luci's six, Jasmine's almost four and Kaity just turned two. I also found out yesterday that we're expecting number four, yay! We're in housing, near Miller Elementary. I stay at home with the girls, homeschool and I'm self-employed, so I'm constantly busy, but....I have no actual friends.

I'd love to make some friends or go to playdates or something. Not to mention, my older two love playing outside with the other kids in the neighborhood, but I'd kind of like them to make some new friends. There are a couple kids in our cul-de-sac who aren't exactly good influences.

Also, I was wondering, has anyone in the group ever delivered at Balboa? I had my oldest at Portsmouth and it's really made me scared to go to another Naval hospital. My younger two were born at civilian hospitals and they weren't great experiences...but they were MUCH better than the 32 hours of induced (because they had a bunch of other ladies due when I was and decided my baby was big enough to come early, seriously that's what the doctor said) labor I went through at Portsmouth...and the horrendous aftercare.

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momof1boy2girl
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I live in Serra Mesa we moved here a month ago too. I hsave 3 kids. boy 7 2 girls 3 and 16 months.  We would love to play.  I don't know to many people here either.  The 2 I have really met are moving this summer :(

kttycat84
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Your kids are really close in age to mine. As long as your boy doesn't mind playing with girls maybe we could hang out sometime? I really miss having an adult to talk to :)

momof1boy2girl
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM

that would be great.  He goes to public school.  Maybe we can meet during the day sometime.

kttycat84
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Sounds good to me, our schedule is pretty flexible.

IheartBacon
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Welcome to the area!  DH is deploying soon and we have an almost 10 month old daughter and just found out that we are expecting our 2nd child.

Sahaira
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Hi welcome to SD my husband is in the navy I have a 15 month old son and I'm almost 5.5 months pregnant with a little girl I'm also delivering at Balboa. When r you due?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof1boy2girl
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

when would you like to meet an dplay.  Monday there is no school.giving mom gift

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)