Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody deliver at Balboa Hospital?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 373 Total Views
Hi, I was just curious if anyone has delivered at balboa hospital and what it was like?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
IheartBacon
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM

No, but I've heard both good and not so good things.

Sadly, I might have to deliver there with our second child but I'm going to do anything and everything I can to no be there. 

Sahaira
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I don't think you have too, I mean you can choose Tricare standard
mamiofbigC
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I had my 2nd child there and like you i heard bad things but from my own expirence i love it, the staff were great friendly and helpful i would defenadly deliver there again :):)

Sahaira
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Good I'm glad to hear that
Summerlion1123
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I just did in September. It was a good experience for me.
lobo1597
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

a friend of mine just delivered there a couple weeks ago. she was in labor for over 48 hours and they sent her home three times. i was with her before she went to the hospital the last time and her contractions were super close (like 3 minute). even when she got to the hospital the last time there just wasnt any room for her so she had to wait for a room to open up. sadly its not the only horror story ive heard. two girls at her baby shower with babys a few mmonths old both had bad things to say. be sure to check with tricare and find out if there are any other providers who they'll accept, but from what ive hear balboa is it.

mommyof4_0
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I have delivered at Balboa Hospital back in 2011 & had a awesome experience for been my first time delivering a baby at naval hospital.

Gwennie1103
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I delivered there.... it was horrible to say the very least. I would deliver at home in the bathroom before going back there. ( calm down I wouldn't really go that far) lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)