Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New area and looking for friends!:)

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

Hello! My name is Jenna and I am 26 years old. I am a newly wed and have a wonderful 3 month old daughter, Zoe. I am originally from a small-town in Michigan and I am finding it difficult to meet friends out here. I am a stay at home mom and would love to get to know other moms in the San Diego area!:)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kttycat84
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Hi Jenna! I'm Bonnie and I'm a 28 year old mother of 3 girls: 6, 4 and 2. What part of MI are you from and what area of SD are you in? Hubby and I were born and raised in the Kalamazoo area, Portage for him and Vicksburg for me. We live in Murphy Canyon housing and I'm having a hard time making friends out here too.

ZoesMomma12
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey Bonnie! That is cool to meet another Michigander! haha! I grew up and went to school in Adrian and then after high school I moved back to Jackson where I was born. My sister and her family live in Portage! That's a nice area. How long have you been out here? My husband and I live in housing in Bayview Hills. It's right outside of National City. We just moved into housing and so far we love it. Murphy Canyon is a nice area too.

kttycat84
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Sometimes the world seems so small, doesn't it? We've been here since fall, it's the second time (out of six duty stations) that we've lived in base/ppv housing and I love it. I love that my kids can run and play with the neighbor kids...reminds me of home. And the views are great too :) I don't think I've seen the Bayview Hills area housing yet, I'm glad you guys are liking it so far though.

I know Zoe's younger than my girls, but maybe we could set up a playdate or something? My kids love babies...and I'm dying for some adult interaction, lol.

ZoesMomma12
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Yes the views are great here too! That's one of my favorite parts about this house. :) I would love to set up something too. I hear you on needing some adult interaction! I have a convention to go to this Friday and Saturday. I'm pretty open next week. Let me know what your schedule looks like and we can set something up. I look forward to it!:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)