Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From Messes to Miracles

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

From Messes to Miracles

Proverbs 18:7

We have what we say. As believers, we know that's a vital biblical truth. We can see it in Mark 11:23, Matthew 21:21, James 3:2, and many other verses. Yet we often let it slip.

We allow ourselves to begin talking like the world instead of talking the Word. And eventually we get what we've been asking for--a big mess.

If that's happened to you, remember, whatever you have in your life is a product of what you've been saying. In order to change what you have, you must change what's coming out of your mouth. To head your life in a different direction--from death to life, sickness to health, failure to success--you must take charge of your words.

That's a lot easier said than done. But that's the key: It must be said in order to be done!

How do you start?

First, realize that it can't be done just in the natural. This is a spiritual law, so it must be handled with spiritual power.

James 3:7-8 says the tongue can't be tamed with the same power with which man tames animals. It takes God's wisdom from above. God's Word is His wisdom (Prov. 2:6). He also said His words are spirit and life. That means it takes God's words to tame our tongues.

Second, repent before God for ever allowing your tongue to be used by anyone except the Holy Spirit. Then give Jesus your tongue. Be determined to speak His words of love, faith, joy, peace, and grace. Words of faith stop the fiery darts of hell.

The third thing to do is what Jesus said in Mark 4:24: Take heed, or listen, to what you hear. Listen to yourself! Think, Do I want what I just said to come to pass? If the answer is no, then stop and correct yourself right then. Replace those negative words with praise (Ephesians 5:4).

If you've gotten sloppy about what you say, change your course today by changing your words. Ask God to help you set a watch over your mouth (Ps. 141:3). Put the power that's in your tongue to work for you instead of against you. Stop using it to make messes, and start using it to make miracles. There is a miracle in your mouth!

Believe the Love

– 1 John 4:16

Tell them how much I love them.

They were so filled with love and compassion that it defies words to express it.  1 John 4:16 - "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us."

We've read about God's love. We've heard about it. But I don't think many of us have really believed it. If we did, it would totally change everything about us and everything around us.

It's that love that caused Jesus to lay down His life for us and to experience for Himself all the pains and weaknesses we experience. It's that love that says to us, even when we feel so unworthy, "Come to Me and get what you need. Don't be shy about it. I've been there. Come boldly to the throne of grace that you may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Think about it. God is in love with you--so in love, He's given you everything He has! He's given you all the healing, all the wisdom, all the wealth, all the strength you could ever need.

"But what about my terrible past?"

That's what His mercy is for! It's taken care of your past. It's covered every sin and failure you ever had. All you have to do now is believe and receive His love.

Believe the love God has for you. It's already been released in the blood of Jesus.

Believe the love. It's already been released in Jesus' Name.

Believe the love. It's already been released in His Word.

Meditate that scripture over and over. Say it to yourself again and again all day, "I believe the love Jesus has for me." Once it gets down into your heart, you'll never be the same again.

Scripture Reading: James 3:1-13

James 3:1-13

Taming the Tongue

3Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers and sisters,* for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. 2For all of us make many mistakes. Anyone who makes no mistakes in speaking is perfect, able to keep the whole body in check with a bridle. 3If we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we guide their whole bodies. 4Or look at ships: though they are so large that it takes strong winds to drive them, yet they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. 5So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great exploits.

How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire! 6And the tongue is a fire. The tongue is placed among our members as a world of iniquity; it stains the whole body, sets on fire the cycle of nature,* and is itself set on fire by hell.* 7For every species of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by the human species, 8but no one can tame the tongue-a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse those who are made in the likeness of God. 10From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers and sisters,* this ought not to be so. 11Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and brackish water? 12Can a fig tree, my brothers and sisters,* yield olives, or a grapevine figs? No more can salt water yield fresh.

Two Kinds of Wisdom

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Show by your good life that your works are done with gentleness born of wisdom.

God bless Amen

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)