• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

intimacy on every other level—mental, emotional, and sexual. In Marriage

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 130 Total Views

biblethumper                                                                                                                                                           ChristianMarriage                                                                                                                                                               & Christians Married & Single United In God's Word

in lovettc

Did you realze that you can truly have no intimacy in your marriage without God?

The deepest intimacy that is possible in marriage is spiritual in nature. It establishes the foundation for intimacy on every other level—mental, emotional, and sexual.

When Karen and I got married, we had no spiritual intimacy. We didn't pray together and I was mortified at the thought. Karen regularly asked me to pray with her and to take the spiritual lead in our marriage and family. I resented and resisted her because of it. It embarrassed me to pray or to be open in spiritual things.

By the way, at the same time that was going on, there was also a lot of tension and frustration in our sex life. Even though Karen wasn't willfully resisting me sexually, we just did not have a mutually fulfilling relationship in that area. Karen was good to meet my needs, but something was definitely missing.

Spiritual intimacy was the something we were missing. Our spirits are the deepest parts of us—and they are the real us. God designed mankind in the Garden of Eden as spiritual beings created in His image. His original declaration over the first married couple in Genesis 2:24 was, “…the two shall become one…”

Jesus said in Matthew 19:6, “Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” To really understand how marriage works, we must realize that there is an invisible element that joins us together, heart-to-heart. That element is the Spirit of God.

After years of frustration and tension in our marriage, I finally agreed to begin praying with Karen and to take the lead spiritually. It transformed our marriage. It also took our mental, emotional, and sexual intimacy to a new level. Worshiping and praying together as a couple bonds our hearts together in the closest intimacy possible. It also creates the foundation for intimacy and fulfillment in every other area.

Blessings,

Jimmy Evans Signature

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)