• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single, Sex, and Living for God From A Man's Perspective Part One

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:11 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 111 Total Views

biblethumper                                                                                                                                         Christian Marriage                                                                                                                                                   & Christians Married & Single United In God's Word

Woman's Heart

James’ Blog

Inspirations from the man of God

There are many challenges in being single and living for God, the most pressing one being the fight within. The fight to deny ones own desires in order to preserve ones integrity in his or her relationship with God; is an old story and a constant fight.

Being a man I must speak from a male’s perspective. What we must understand first of all is that man fundamentally, is a sexual being. He is endowed with the drive and prowess for frequent conquest. Meaning, it is built into him to engage in sexual relationship. However, this engagement is meant to take place between a man and his wife. However, just because he is built this way, does not mean that it is a license to participate in every manner of sexual immorality.

Now, I cannot speak about sex and God without speaking about the enemy which is the Devil. Anything that God has setup to benefit man; the enemy takes it and perverts it. Therefore, God made sex to be shared between a man and his wife. The enemy comes and adds lust and now we have an epidemic of sexual immorality, and this is in the church. I don’t have the statistics, but teenage pregnancy is rising in the church by leaps and bounds; mainly because of what the adults are doing. If we are not willing to be examples of God’s ability to keep us, why do we expect our children to do so? We all need examples, someone to show us that it is possible to live for God and be single.

Living single in today’s society is a challenge, but it is not difficult. Since sex is the main problem with living single, I have started with it.

The first thing one must do in order to live for God and maintain a holy lifestyle; free from sex; is to want to live single without sex. For it there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not” (2 Corinthians 8:12). Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass” (Psalms 37:5). The power of desire to do something is a strong deterrent; however, if you do not want to do it you will not do it.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)