Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being Single enjoy what God has given you now.. don't lament Mr. Wrong

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

biblethumper                                                                                                                                         Christian Marriage                                                                                                                                        & Christians Married & Single United In God's Word

Woman's Heart

That is the choice we have. Are we going to lament Mr. Wrong and all the things we don't have, or are we going to enjoy what God has given us now? The only thing worse than waiting for God is wishing that you had waited for God, wishing that you had waited for Mr. Right. I think there is a temptation to settle for Mr. Right Now. I really am encouraging people to pull back. It is not worth the risk. I actually have been proposed to a number of times -- last count was 17. It is not about just getting married. It is about finding that one that God has selected.

God is God, and there is nothing He can't do. If He can raise the dead, and He can part the sea, if He can create the universe out of nothing, He can find you your husband.

Are you one who thinks there is just one right man?

JANET FOLGER: I think that there is one that He wants for you. I think that we can mess up. People divorce. God hates divorce. People do it all of the time. But I believe that if we are surrendered to Him and we are submitted to Him and we are seeking Him first, then these things are going to be added. It is going to be the person that He has. We can marry Mr. Will Do or Mr. Good Enough, and He can make good from that, but I don't think it is His best. I want His best, and I honestly think He has a best. If He has every day planned, He knows who that is.

People kept writing in, 'Make sure you tell them that there is no Mr. Right. There is really not just one.' I would tell them, 'I don't think I believe that.' So I am surrendered to Him.

And you know what I have also surrendered? 'God, if you don't want me to be married.' It hurts to pray this. It is so painful. If He doesn't want this, if He is coming back next week, I want to be used by Him in whatever way He has designed for me on this earth. If you surrender that, as hard and as painful as it is to pray it, if you mean it, I believe that if desire that is still there, He is going to grant that desire.

If you had a charge to single men today, what would you say?

JANET FOLGER:There is the feminization of men. They have been wimped-out, portrayed as the idiots in sitcoms and movies for the past ten years. We need to say, 'Be a man!' 'Open the door.' If some female doesn't appreciate it, that is a great screening process. You don't want that kind of girl.

I want the kind of guy that is going to pursue me with passion. I am not going to manipulate anything. I am not going to orchestrate anything. If that is what you have to do to get a guy, I don't want that kind of guy. I want a leader. I want a spiritual leader. And I haven't seen too many of them. I want a guy who has a heart after God. If I am going to have to submit, I don't want to follow somebody who is going the wrong way. If he is going God's way, then we are going to be fine; if he isn't committed and sold-out to God, I don't even want to be on that train.

My message to men is be men after God. God is going to take care of you, too.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
BlessedRacheal
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Sis You are being a great help to others.

God bless you and keep you blessed With lots of knowledge Amen,good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)