Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 and 4 yr olds!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 444 Total Views

okay i want to start meeting up with the moms with kids starting at age 3. i have two girls, ages 3 and 4. they're 19 months apart. so anyone interested let me know..i just stopped attending our previous group due to yearly dues and that wasn't that great, they had a lot of meetups for younger kids and my girls got bored quickly. i have a playroom and a basement playroom that they have to use,as well as a backyard when the weather gets nicer. we can do wednesday mornings if you want, my 3 yr old has therapy in the mornings for speech and OT on monday and thursday, she has apraxia and sensory processing disorder. well let me know! we can do a sign up on this thing. i'm in mt laurel.

lori

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Eriksmomma06
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Where are you located? Where do you take her for Therapy? My son is 3yrs old and will be going to full day school at BCSS starting monday..otherwise I would have been interested. We have therapy speech and ot at mary's place in marlton we go tuesday afternoons. Your girls aren't in school?

usmcwifemom2
by Member on Jan. 8, 2010 at 3:22 PM

i take lexi to mary's place as well who is your childs therapist? lexi sees ms. jessica for speech and ms sarah for OT. we go on mondays and thursdays. no they're not in school. i teach them what they need at home. i figured they're going to be in school for the rest of their lives! i'm not going to put them in before they by state law have to be. emma starts kindergarten in september. i have to say my kids have seperation issues! lol emma will go off without me, but lexi also partly due to her disability, will not. she won't go into speech or OT without me and it's very frustrating. when she gets upset she has to be restrained if she reaches a certain point. i have my hands full with her.

Eriksmomma06
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 10:12 PM

My son Erik starts school (preschool) at BCSS on monday fullday program. He needs to intergrate with kids he has been home for three years now and needs to get out and learn to socialize. But I understand why you keep yours home. :) You have two so they will feed off each other..he is an only child so he needs to interact with others. We see Jessica  for speech and Meghan for OT. We used to go Thur 9-930 speech and 930-10 OT and then fri 9-10am OT. Now we go Tuesday afternoons...until another time opens up to get the extra 1hr OT. :) I love Mary's place my son gets a lot out of it..it's helped but he doesn't speak yet.

Have to ask  from your screen name are you a military wife? Branch? My husband is AF (15yrs). I know that a lot of military families go to Mary's place. Where do you live? We live in Browns Mills.

usmcwifemom2
by Member on Jan. 21, 2010 at 7:59 PM

sorry for the late reply, computer's been acting up. husband is in the marine corps, he's been in for 11 years now. i am actually taking lexi to be evaluated by the child study team on feb 3rd for the preschool program. she needs to be around more 3 year olds, she doesn't detach from me well at all. so i'll find out more on the 3rd. which thankfully isn't that far away. they said that they can probably get her started in preschool program for her needs in april. keep your fingers crossed!

Eriksmomma06
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 9:09 AM

My son needed to be around other kids his age too. :) He is out of his school district because they couldn't meet his needs in district. He goes to burlington special services school in Mt. Holly. I love it. He has changed a lot and I see it helping him. Let me know how it goes. :) I really hope it works out. :) Erik goes full day and has the opportunities to have his OT, Speech 2 times a week individually in school and group. Plus we still go to Mary's Place. He still recieves his ABA therapy in the home. But him being around other kids I think is making things easier and more fun for him.

Quoting usmcwifemom2:

sorry for the late reply, computer's been acting up. husband is in the marine corps, he's been in for 11 years now. i am actually taking lexi to be evaluated by the child study team on feb 3rd for the preschool program. she needs to be around more 3 year olds, she doesn't detach from me well at all. so i'll find out more on the 3rd. which thankfully isn't that far away. they said that they can probably get her started in preschool program for her needs in april. keep your fingers crossed!

stong-mommy-autism.png

Eriksmomma06
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Fingers Crossed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)