Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bored in Marlton

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 597 Total Views

Hi everyone! My name is Dayna, I have a 4 year old son Tayler and a 2 Year old son Ethan...we moved here a few months ago and have not made any friends....(The kids nor I) and we would love to! Not sure what to do around here....Advise PLEASE!!!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Hello and welcome! My name is Lori, I have a 20 month old son and I also live in Marlton with my family. I have been living here for about 4 years but I'm orgainlly from Philly. I really don't have many friends around here and the friends I do have are not married and don't have any kids but I have meet some mom from here but we only can together once in a while so It would be nice having a local mom to hang out with.

usmcwifemom2
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM

hi bored in marlton i'm bored in mt laurel!!!! i have two girls, emma's 4 and lexi will be 3 in november. very close to your boys! anytime you want to do something LET ME KNOW!!! all we do is sit around! we moved up here in december and left all our friends in north carolina. so we're mighty bored up here!

LoriAnn87
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM

maybe all of bored moms could make a playdate.

Carina89
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 11:37 PM

hey there i am also in Marlton moved here in April. I just turned 20 a few days ago and i have 1 son who is 3years and 4 months old
bored also...not much to do around here. And since i dont drive even less to do around here.
:(

misterkade
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 11:55 PM

You should check out the Marlton Library.  They have a story time every week and you all could get together or go alone.  Most of the Mom's/Dad's have children within the same age group so you could meet some new parents there as well. 

LoriAnn87
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 8:57 AM

there is also story time at pottery barn and borders on every other tuesday.

tcs724
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Hi there.  I'm in Columbus area, not too far from you ladies.  I have a 16 month old son.  I've lived here a while, but most of my friends work or have children already in school.  Both my husband and I are teachers so he is going back to school next week.  I haven't gone back since i had my son.  I'd love to get together with other moms for a playdate.

usmcwifemom2
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 11:08 AM

okay that says it! a lot of us are bored, we live close by! lets do a playdate. how does september 8th sound, my house in mt laurel, we have a playroom if the weather is bad, if the weather is nice we can go out in teh backyard where we haev one of those wooden playsets and another swingset, small sandbox and water tables. plenty to do, plus if the weather is nasty we have a basement which is their 2nd playroom and there's slides down there. so here it is:

september 8th

mt laurel, my house

10am

sign up, you can quote this email and sign up and that way i can privately email you with the address and what not:

LoriAnn87
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 11:19 AM

that sound great but i don't drive.

jen1226
by Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Quoting usmcwifemom2:

okay that says it! a lot of us are bored, we live close by! lets do a playdate. how does september 8th sound, my house in mt laurel, we have a playroom if the weather is bad, if the weather is nice we can go out in teh backyard where we haev one of those wooden playsets and another swingset, small sandbox and water tables. plenty to do, plus if the weather is nasty we have a basement which is their 2nd playroom and there's slides down there. so here it is:

september 8th

mt laurel, my house

10am

sign up, you can quote this email and sign up and that way i can privately email you with the address and what not:

1.  Jennifer P.

Thank you for taking the initiative to solidify something!  Sounds GREAT!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)