Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after the death of a Newborn... need to hear from you...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

Okay, this may be a bit lengthily.

I am currently 35 wks pregnant and am so ready for this pregnancy to be over.  I have several friends who currently pregnant or are or have just had their 1st child while I have been pregnant and they all say about how much they miss being pregnant and can't wait to have another one.  This is now my 3rd pregnancy and my 1st since our daughter, Hadassah died after delivery at 6 months.  It was a long 6 months and agonizing pregnancy.  At that time I was excited and depressed at the thought of getting pregnant, again.  Though I LOVE being pregnant!  I found out 1 yr and 2 wks after Hadassah passed away, that I was pregnant, again.  I was so happy, but really looking forward to delivery getting her as fast as possible.  I have never felt that way before.  Some people I have said this to act like there is something horribly wrong with me.  I don't have any friends who have experienced this type of situation so I don't have anyone to talk to about it.  I have fiends who have miscarried with their 1st child and have gotten pregnant since then, but they all miscarried within the 1st trimester and the babies were obviously not born alive and then died. 

So I guess what I am asking is, has anyone else felt this way?  I have been having a completly normal and healthy prengancy and everything is fine, I just can't wait for it to be over.  I juat want to hold her in my arms and take care of her!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amandaj79
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM
amandaj79
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Thank you all for your help.  This has really proven to be a supportive group.

peytonsmommi45
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I find it hard to be pregnant after losing my son. I have been more anxious this time and worried I wouldn't make it full term. I had my son at 27 weeks and he died when he was 4 months old. I am now 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant and will deliver on Tuesday and I am both anxious and excited. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)