Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost my baby girl from cord accident

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 829 Total Views

My name is Sarah.

I had a beautiful baby girl July 8, 2011. She was a stillborn @ 39weeks 2days. No one expected this at all. I went to my Dr apt Wed July 6. Everything went great. Her heartbeat was normal. I had a great pregnancy with no problems from her or I.  Friday July 8th I had an early morning planned c section @ 7:30am.  I was extremely nervous that day and the day before I had her. 

The nurse was listening for the heartbeat. I didn't hear it but she said she did and it was 120. I am pretty sure it was my heartbeat. I as so so nervous. So after she said she heard it I wasn't worried. I thought my ears were paralyzed from the spinal.  Anyways, They got her out and there was a 4 cord wrap around her neck and a true knot. So they rushed in all the Dr's to help save her and she was gone before she came out. They tried for 10 Min's. She was the prettiest baby girl. I miss her like crazy.  This is such a hard time for me and my family.  I am so glad we had held her for 12 hours and took some beautiful pics of our angel Emma.

by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lind.shep
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM
I know this isnt a group you ever want to have to join, but I do welcome you. I lost my little girl Jan 29th of this year from amniotic band syndrom at 34 weeks, two days before my csection (was having issues with me, not her) a strand of amnion wrapped around the cord.

We are here for you if you need to vent, or need support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBbyGrlSleeps
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Im so sorry for your loss... It is one of thee most excrusiating pains Ive ever felt in my heart... My prayers are with you and your family... May your lil angel Rest with The best and fly free while always watching over Mommy and Daddy... If you ever need to talk please do not hesitate to P.M me...

Triniti-MyHeart
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I'm so sorry for yor lost and I know just how you feel!!! You and Your family are in my prayers!!! My little angel was born on June 2 2011!!!!

krisjericho
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Sarah, I am so very sorry for your loss.  I also lost my son, Luke, to a cord accident at 18 weeks along this past Christmas eve. I hope that this group will help you, and please feel free to add me as a friend or PM me if you need to talk.

KristyLynn810
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Hi, My name is Kristy. I recently went through a similar situation. I was pregnant with my first child, a boy that we named James Albert III. I had a great pregnancy with no complications. I was at my appointment on April 29th and everything was great. That night I wasn't feeling well but not bad enough to make me concerned about anything. I went to bed and woke up feeling fine. I did some shopping that day to prepare for my little mans arrival that day. When I came home to relax I realized that he hadn't been moving around as much. This worried me because he was always so active. I then began to do the kick count, drinking cold juice, anything I could think of just to see if I could feel anything. I then became very worried and went straight into the hospital where then as the nurse held the heart beat Doppler to my stomach my heart began to ache. There was nothing. I then had to be induced and I had my baby angel on 05-04-11 at 38 weeks. The cord was wrapped around 3 times and there was a complete knot as well. I am so sorry of your loss, I just joined this group today to hopefully find some others grieving like me. I feel so alone at times even though i have tons of family and friends around helping me. My prayers are with you Sarah!

Mommylove.sl.ei
by Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Your story is so close to mine the only difference is we knew Emmett was gone from the begainning of his birth. I didnt have that hope that he may survive. I knew he was gone and had to remind myself while I was pushing. I am so sorry for your lost but we have been through the same situation. Our kids even had name that are so close (we call Emmett Emmy). He had the cord wrapped around his neck too even.

lauravelaz5
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I am so sorry for your lost I know what you are going thru cause I lost my boy of 4 yrs of age 5 months ago and its very hard for me. Sometime I feel like everything will be ok but other days I dont know if its day or night my days are dark. May God Bless you and your family.

sarbear83
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. Its so heartbreaking. Its amazing how this has to happen at all. You and your family will be in my prayers.  I still cant believe this has happened...

sarbear83
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Im so sorry about your loss. It must have been so heartbreaking to know the he was gone. I had a feeling about my Emma bc I didnt here her heartbeat I heard 2 days before.  The nurse told me she heard it so I trusted her on that. I just thought my hearing was goig out bc of that spinal.  Then after I had her I didnt hear her cry and didnt see her chest move. I was freeking out, bc no one was telling me what was going on until a dr came over and said Im sorry.... I was in shock.  Im so sorry. :( This is so hard.  Your family is in my prayers.

Mommylove.sl.ei
by Member on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Its is hard to put the life of your child into the hands of others, what are you going to do now switch drs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)